You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: "Ghost" is streaming NOW

Axlin16 wrote:

Glad to get the full version. My opinion doesn't change.

It's just very average. The guitar solo is the best part of the song, and yes very-UYI, but the rest, no. In alot of ways with Astbury's voice and the main riff for the majority of the song... it sounds like a Cult song, circa Sonic Temple/Ceremony. But not near as good.

With Ian & Izzy, I just was expecting alot more. Guitar solo rules, rest average.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
-D- wrote:

Maybe the most GNR sounding song we've heard since UYI makes u wonder if this riff was on the best GNR album he talked about recording with Izzy,Duff and Matt.

The riff under the chorus part that Slash is picking is from a VR demo called Pleasin' recorded with a guy named Brad Cox, that came out before Scott joined. Have you heard it?

It was floating around on the net at the time, but I can't seem to find it on youtube or anything.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I didn't like it much from the 30 second sample, but as a whole the song is pretty cool. And it doesn't sound anything like UYI GN'R to me, sounds more like a slowed down Cult track.

Sky Dog wrote:
Saikin wrote:
madagas wrote:

I like this one better than Starlight....

I agree, but that's not saying much.  16

I was trying to be nice.....:/ I am extremely lukewarm to everything I have heard. By the Sword is the best and I was burned out on it after 5-10 listens. Lyrics...bad...the rest, meh. But, I will admit, I pretty much don't like anything Slash has done post Gnr. This really slams the door shut. It's over. I actually could live with VR more than this. The more I think about it, this is the ultimate Slash sellout. sad

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Do you hate the music too?  Or just the singers?!?!?!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

Maybe the most GNR sounding song we've heard since UYI makes u wonder if this riff was on the best GNR album he talked about recording with Izzy,Duff and Matt.

To me it sounds like Slash playing with the lead singer from The Cult, because,,,, that's what it is.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Sucker Train Blues to me was very GNR sounding except with Scott on Vocals.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I agree with the anti-Slash community. It's all boring retro music, nothing new like Public Enemy drum beats from the 80s, or ten different synths lines. Not to mention that this is dated guitar music (with only one(!) lead player - where does this guy live???), not something magnificent Pro Tools cut and paste. Slash can't even record an album where you can hear that the parts are from different decades. I knew it was coming, but it's worse than I expected. It shows everything why I hate Guns N' Roses.

justbill
 Rep: 16 

justbill wrote:

The track with Ozzy is now posted on the link...

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
madagas wrote:

This really slams the door shut. It's over. I actually could live with VR more than this. The more I think about it, this is the ultimate Slash sellout. sad

I have no problem if you don't like the music.

But this shit about slash being a sellout is well...shit 16

He's a musican that's released a new album in the style of music he's always been famous for. If that's selling out then so is everyone else in music.

Is it the best riff he's ever written? No probably not...but that doesn't make it selling out.

Board footer