You are not logged in. Please register or login.

briggsy
 Rep: 19 

Re: "Starlight" is Streaming NOW

briggsy wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I'm liking alot of the music on these songs but the lyrics and vocals aint doing it for me.

My thoughts exactly. Thus far 'By The Sword' is my fav. with 'I'll Hold On' a close second (Of course I'm a Kid Rock fan though)

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Thanks for the file. I'll download when I'm no longer mobile.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Saikin wrote:

So far, I'm not overly impressed by any track.  Starlight wasn't as good as I thought, and Hold On sounds just like any other Kid Rock track.

That's my thing so far. I was kinda getting hyped for this because so many others were excited about it. But I haven't heard anything impressive thus far.

The most impressive thing I've heard is Watch Out, the instrumental off the album.  That song kicks ten tons of ass.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:

Was a little dissapointed with this..until it got to the solo...which blew my fucking mind. Awesome vocals (although sometimes a little too high and enter mika territory) but nonetheless great harmonies and an overall impressive track. Can't wait for "Back From Cali."

Anyone know if the whole thing leaked yet? I notice the Japanese release date has been pushed back to the 31st.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
A4L2.0 wrote:

Was a little dissapointed with this..until it got to the solo...which blew my fucking mind. Awesome vocals (although sometimes a little too high and enter mika territory) but nonetheless great harmonies and an overall impressive track. Can't wait for "Back From Cali."

Anyone know if the whole thing leaked yet? I notice the Japanese release date has been pushed back to the 31st.

It has not.  I've been looking.  I just want to hear the whole Cornell track and I'll be happy.  Probably skip the rest of it at this point.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Saikin wrote:

So far, I'm not overly impressed by any track.  Starlight wasn't as good as I thought, and Hold On sounds just like any other Kid Rock track.

That's my thing so far. I was kinda getting hyped for this because so many others were excited about it. But I haven't heard anything impressive thus far.

Russtcb, no offense, but I really don't expect you to say anything really great about any song on the whole album.  How one could not like "watch this" or some of the other tracks is hard to believe, especially on a GNR board.  All the songs have been pretty well received.  I guess my point is, and i don't mean this in a bad way, is that your pro Axl feelings may blind your openess to these songs.  I could be way wrong, but even Faldor, who tends to be more in the Axl camp, seems to like some of these tunes.  HA, its going to be a damn fine rock album, with lots of tasty riffs.  The vocals are not the most important thing to me, the guitar is.  Maybe that is why I am digging all the songs.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:

I can actually agree with what a lot of the guys on this board are saying. I can't help but feel overall underwhelmed so far. I'm starting to find that songs that seemed amazing in the 30 second previews are dissapointing in full, and I get the feeling of 'what could have been' so to speak. Thats just my opinion, and it could be a little early for that kind of criticism yet. Hopefully the other Myles Ozzy, Cornell, and Fergie songs can turn it around.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Saikin wrote:

Russtcb, no offense, but I really don't expect you to say anything really great about any song on the whole album.  How one could not like "watch this" or some of the other tracks is hard to believe, especially on a GNR board.  All the songs have been pretty well received.  I guess my point is, and i don't mean this in a bad way, is that your pro Axl feelings may blind your openess to these songs.  I could be way wrong, but even Faldor, who tends to be more in the Axl camp, seems to like some of these tunes.  HA, its going to be a damn fine rock album, with lots of tasty riffs.  The vocals are not the most important thing to me, the guitar is.  Maybe that is why I am digging all the songs.

Don't turn this thread into another Axl vs. Slash discussion, it doesn't have one fucking thing to do with who you prefer over the other.

This being a GNR board has nothing to do with whether or not I would like the music.  I like Watch This, the other 3 seem kinda bland to me.  There's nothing all that special about them.  The guitar is good, but the vocals ruin it for me. 

Which is why this should have been an instrumental Slash album.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer