You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: "Starlight" is Streaming NOW

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl did kind of "call it"

Just sayin'

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ What do you mean? What did Axl say about this record?

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

He said in the Billboard interview I believe (was it last year?; doesn't seem that long ago) that he didn't care for Slash's work since GN'R.

He also has alluded several times Slash not changing, and kind of not challenging himself.

And this "RnR" record proves it.

Not that most people didn't call it years ago, but Axl kind of took alot of shit for that statement, and now Slash's new record is getting shit on for the same thing Axl stated.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I think its a good song, and if compared to the other shit on rock radio, this is equally as good as any of that shit....  Of course so was CD....

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

See, I disagree. I can remember that argument with CD, and I think it held true.

There's alot better stuff out there on rock radio than any of the stuff on Slash's record. Hell, just naming "Shinedown" is enough to crush anything Slash is doing lately. Alice In Chains & Ratt are also good examples of old artists who came back strong.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

AIC's new stuff is, okay, but not as good as their old stuff, and "By the Sword" is as good as most of the songs on that album....    I was mainly comparing to bands like Nickleback, Theory of a Deadman, Creed, Alter Bridge, shit like that...  What do I know...

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I'd take Creed over this Slash stuff, and I hate Creed.

AIC's new stuff is great for Cantrell fans. I think you've gotta be a fan of Jerry's solo work first to take in Black Gives Way To Blue.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I still like this song...  Even if predictible, still has a great solo and I like the vocals and some of the lyrics (even with the cheese) are pretty good.  Its a power ballad, straight from the 80's, and I like that...  Did I mention I really like the tasty solo?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

The people on youtube love it!

Board footer