You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Guns N' Roses Headline Reading/Leeds Festival (Rumor)

Neemo wrote:

SOURCE?

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

So GNR will play Reading on Friday and Leeds on Sunday, but how does that mean no arena tour?

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

johndivney wrote:
Olorin wrote:

So GNR will play Reading on Friday and Leeds on Sunday, but how does that mean no arena tour?

they musta signed an exclusive clause, it's pretty normal for reading & major festival headliners.
i can't link but it's in the press release about it being GnR's only UK shows. try google news.
EDIT - The PA has it that the will be their "only UK FESTIVAL appearances"
the site i first read (getbracknell) omitted the word 'festival' which led me to ASSume there'd be no further UK shows. now i think there will be..

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Seems more likely that they agreed not to play any other festivals, rather than not playing any kind of other shows whatsoever.

Hmmm what to do what to do.....?

Leeds is closer but the Sunday night will more likely have more drunken pricks looking to provoke Axl. Reading is quite a trek but its on the Friday and should have a good atmosphere with people not as intoxicated and excited about the weekend ahead.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

Fuck two door cinema club are really coming up in the world they played a pub in my town just 3 weeks back !

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

I'll be giving these a miss. If they announce a few arena shows I may go though smile

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

These festivals are a tough gig, expect controversy 16

Also the media in the UK have chosen a side, and it comes in top hatted form...

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Back in 06 Download claimed for a while that the show at Donnington would be GNR's only UK appearance and we know how that turned out. I'm going to sit tight on this one, day tickets won't sell out for a few months yet and if they announce an arena tour I'd rather go to that even though I live in Leeds.

On a positive for everyone else outside the UK, Radio 1 and the BBC are usually all over these festivals so I'd expect a large quantity of pro shot footage to be readily accessible, they might even broadcast the whole set live if we're lucky.

Board footer