You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Guns N' Roses Headline Reading/Leeds Festival (Rumor)

BLS-Pride wrote:

Should be an interesting show. Hopefully they choose a harder more aggressive list. Just come to the states already 16

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Agreed.  I'll be there whenever they make it back.  Hopefully this'll be a huge year for them as a band, and that they can retire some of the weaker stuff for awhile at least.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
smoke wrote:

Here's a brief rundown. http://www.spin.com/articles/eagles-dea … d-gnr-tour

I think Josh is more in than out these days, but it is/was one of his many side projects, though I don't think he toured with them all that much.

I gotcha.  Wasn't aware he was part of that band.

julia (babydolls)
 Rep: 6 

I'll be at Reading for GnR day. Like you Olorin, a Friday night at a festival is more appealing than sunday, and I've been to Reading so many times it seems right that at last I can see GnR there! not bothering with the whole weekend, in fact it'll be the first time I'm just going for the day, the rest of the line-up for the weekend is fkn awful IMO
That end-of-weekend crowd smell on the sunday is enough to put me off leeds...!

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I still dont know what to do, I know I wont be able to buy a ticket to either show until the end of April, so looks like I will be buying off a scalper hmm

Reading And Leeds Festivals chief Melvin Benn talks a little about Axl and GNR in a video interview:

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/50428

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

If your after a day ticket Olorin I wouldn't worry there'll still be some come end of April. You can generally get day tickets well into June/July through official channels. As julia said it's a fairly weak lineup overall, I wouldnt' expect there to be an unusual rush for tickets this year over any other.

They mentioned GNR on radio 1 this morning, said they'd been announced for Leeds and Reading and that there was concern as they played Peru and were 3 hours late then referred back to the Leeds 02 incident. At risk of sounding like a broken record he's going to have to be relatively punctual at these shows especially as they're televised.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Aye it will be a day ticket, what night I go depends on my drinkin' buddy, but I quite fancy Reading. He'll be delighted that Biffy Clyro, an up and coming Scottish band from his neck of the woods, will be sharing the bill with GNR.

I havent been doing much drinking at all lately, so I have 4 months to get myself back into condition to ensure I go the full distance and not crash and burn before they even hit the stage.

Its on!

Sky Dog wrote:

nice.....love Rocky.

johndivney wrote:

in axl's defence he was on time for the leeds '02 show & he was on time for the '06 shows.
curfew fines are SO high in the UK (& ireland) that i think it actually makes him do something on other peoples timescale..

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I hope the day tickets are still available for a couple of months - I've got no money atm! sad

Board footer