You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Axl being sued for $1.8M by Front Line Management

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Oh God, that shit was SO ridiculous.

The fucking WORD was in the song, yet somehow it wasn't Prostitute. roll

No, oh wait... it's "proudly doom myself"... what the fuck does that even mean?

Ha.  I never thought he was saying "Prostitute" either so I was one of those on the side of the song having a different title.  I didn't have any "sources" though. 

I never heard "proudly doom myself".  I might've run with that one if I had.

As for Paul Stanley's comments.  Is it possible he doesn't know the whole story?  I wouldn't necessarily take what he says as gospel.  I don't think Axl would just blindly pick Doc's name out of a hat, at least I hope not.

Someone posted over on HTGTH that they saw Doc backstage at 2 of the shows in Brazil.  If that's true, that's gotta mean something.  Or it's one huge coincidence.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

yeah...I always thought it was prostitute for the reason that the song's lyrics and content seemed to fit with that title and it seemed too much of a co-incidence.

But then again..think of the line in Better .."I should have known you're crazy" if we'd never heard Better or You're Crazy that test could get us into some mix ups.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

People were thrown off, because for years they were expecting a Nightrain type song, but instead they got a Moby-type song with Axl on vocals.

People thought "no way that's it". They were expecting a rocker, and got an avante-garde song.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

yeah...I always thought it was prostitute for the reason that the song's lyrics and content seemed to fit with that title and it seemed too much of a co-incidence.

But then again..think of the line in Better .."I should have known you're crazy" if we'd never heard Better or You're Crazy that test could get us into some mix ups.

Considering "better" is said way more in that song... I think the test would still hold up.

To be honest, I still can't clearly hear Axl sing "prostitute" in that song.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

With the element at MyGNR & HTGTH... somehow Better would become the You're Crazy 2008 remix.

Trust me

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

With the element at MyGNR & HTGTH... somehow Better would become the You're Crazy 2008 remix.

Trust me

Well those two places have always been fucking crazy.  No surprise there.  16

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I didn't think it was Prostitute because I didn't hear the word prostitute in the song. I heard some kind of mumbling that might resemble the word prostitute, but I ended up thinking it was something else. Blame that on lack of skills in hearing English, but at least I have an excuse as not English native.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

No, oh wait... it's "proudly doom myself"... what the fuck does that even mean?

It means Drama Queen.

I've tried living with a few.

Axlin08 wrote:

People were thrown off, because for years they were expecting a Nightrain type song, but instead they got a Moby-type song with Axl on vocals.

+1

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

still don't think Track 2 was Prostitute! LOL!

well in people's defense, as stated, if u listen to the description of "Prostitute" it didn't really fit what we heard on track 2

also, TIL was the "heaviest" song Axl ever wrote... I guess he meant emotionally on himself. I was expecting something else with that as well.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

With Prostitute it did match the description of "fire and ice" that was given. And their were orcastra arrangements which was said too be on it and he did say the word people just didn't want to hear it. I never understood that nightrain meets moby.. what the fuck would that even sound like and why would people wanna hear it?

Board footer