You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: One Week Sober

Olorin wrote:

Its intially a lonely road your on, the key is to stay active, not mope and find some more worthwhile ways to spend your time. What about joining a gym, aiming to get fit and run a marathon or local event? Once you start getting those endorphine rushes from exercise, and achieving small targets and milestones you set yourself on the road to fitness, its quite a buzz, very addictive and stimulating.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:

It's not in my nature to post personal stuff on these boards - I tend to stick to the GN'R stuff, but I have been sober for one week today and I thought I'd share.

Drank nearly everyday for 24 years straight and finally had enough last weekend.

First week was a breeze - almost too easy.

Today (Day 7) I am in a blind rage - but still no urge to drink.

Thanks for reading. 9

This will be one of the smartest decisions you've ever made.  I have my history with alcohol, if you need someone who knows exactly what your going through, feel free to message me.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

best wishes on your continued sobriety man smile

let me know if you would like to change your username

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

^ lol
to what?  Fat?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

This is great news. Keep it up, you can do it smile

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

I'm with ya, FD.... 10 days and counting. Fuck My Life.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Best of luck to you.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

I'll definitely be changing my screen name - don't know to what yet though.

Thanks again for all the support. It's helping me to make it official.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Have kicked / dropped more things bad for my health you could shake a stick at, this includes various bevarages, other sorts of, ahem, substances and people. Not trying to brag, but I reckon I can offer something of a peer opinion.

Once you're hooked, it takes a long while to get out.

I don't mean cutting off the daily use. You can go cold turkey on alcohol (or whatever you're having) and begin to heal your body. After a while, you start getting better. During the first month, you should start seeing some positive results and the back-end of the mental addiction should wean off.

But after that, there's the doubt that lingers into your head every now and then. Whether you should do just one, after all, you've successfully kicked. One doesn't hurt. That's the part that sets the pace for you; you can strive for a healthier existence, but after that, it's all about maintaining a more positive life-line.

We've all been there, and that's a long road. But it's doable, particularly if you know the alternative.

You don't quit once.

You quit every day all over again.

Be strong, dude. It's a better world you're coming back into.

Board footer