You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Just listened to Chinese Democracy again...

Axlin16 wrote:

The final version also seemed to be missing some harmonies from Axl that were there back in 2001-02.

I think the studio cut of Maddy is solid, but I can see arguments. That Rio show, and later Boston 2002 were a soundtrack to my life at that time. Very fond of them.

I think it's another that could be thrown into the pile with Street of Dreams 2001-02. Sounded so much better then. With Maddy, Axl throwing raspy takes over the top of those beautiful high pitched harmonies was not very popular, and SOD losing the guitars was weak.

Madagascar done live post-2002 is uninspiring.

Once again, mixed feelings. In some ways I wish we could erase 1999-2007, and just have CD drop in 2008, and have the 2009+ live shows. We'd know no different, and probably revere the album more than we do now. But on the other side, we would've missed out on some great live shows, and of course Col. Bucket. bucket

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

Re: Just listened to Chinese Democracy again...

dave-gnfnr wrote:
madagas wrote:

Axl was close with Chinese but it was killed by "time" and business. The best albums were recorded and released within a year....02 would be the mix or time I would want to hear. However, kinda like saying, I wish the Braves still had Maddux, Glavine, and Smoltz.

I agree 100% the 2002 album probably flows much better and sounds much more raw since Axl didn't keep over dubbing parts over the past 6  years. Gnr's ex manager said the CD (the song) cut from 2002 rocks way more than the album version.

I would love to hear that version, the sad thing is, its out there but people are still hoarding. I would also love to hear silkworms from those sessions, that song would be killer in the studio

Board footer