You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Oslo, Norway - June 2, 2010 (Oslo Spektrum)

Neemo wrote:
DCK wrote:

But DJ is GREAT for this band.

glad to see other people agreeing with me, i was starting to think i was goin crazy 5

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

The dude is a full blown hardcore real rock n roller.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
DCK wrote:

I would go see them again in an instant. It's a great spectacle.

I have no idea why the sound doesn't work out. Maybe he should come to reharsals and sing something? I don't know? He didn't stop or anything, so he can't have heard the issues.

And the interaction is weird. He didn't even say a hello. When people cheer wildly because he says he have to start a song again, it speaks in numbers that he should at least say a few words to get the crowd going.

Makes you almost wonder if something is going on behind the scenes.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Sounds pretty disapointing, I would be feeling the same seeing so few new songs, not even If The World is getting aired sad

Have they retired IRS? I thought that sounded great live, but to be honest didnt like DJs take on it when it was played in Asia, mabye that why they scrapped it. Scraped sounded awesome though and so did Shacklers.

DCK

DCK wrote:

IRS, Scraped, Shacklers..all good replacements for a song like SOD.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

Put together a little video for you guys!

It's tidbits of diffrent songs played in Bergen and Oslo.

Sorry about the sound...  hmm

DCK

DCK wrote:

Reminds me of something my wife asked me; "What's with all the emo girls on the screen?"

Thanks for the video. Appreciate it!

You can hear how good he was on Sorry and TIL. Highlights by far.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

Yeah I agree, Sorry and TIL were among the highlights... Sadly!  smile

Apart from the the vocals being fucked up for most of the two shows in Norway. What really bugs me, is that Axl seemed to have a "just-another-fuckin-day-at-the-office"-attitude about the shows.

If you're gonna start a tour halfway around the world, you should be there in time to be prepared to deliver!

He hardly said two sentences to the crowd in Bergen. It's wierd that the other bandmembers are out there being interviewed, tweeting to the fans etc etc. And Axl is sorta like this ghostly figure walking on and off the stage with a "whish-I-were-elsewhere" kinda attitude.

I read an interview with one of the guys from the promoter. It was obvious that he was frustrated with Axl. I personally don't think 23:00 is that late for a show to start. But as a promotor who is organizing a gig at a venue in the outskirts of town, with hired bussdrivers and hundreds of staff having to work overtime (NOT CHEAP IN NORWAY), there is little to no money being made from a GNR-gig like this!

Sure, you can look at it from the Axl-point-of-view: "I'm not going on stage until I'm ready to deliver"
Well get there earlier and get fuckin ready! Because if not, nobody is gonna dare organize a GNR-concert here again. I'm concerned about that and Axl should too!

It may seem like I'm taking these shows rather personal, and well... I guess I am. When the rumors of European shows started to surface. My hope was that they would hit Norway before July, because me and my girlfriend are expecting our first child in August, so this was sorta like my window of oportunity to see them for quite some time...

I'm usually an Axl/nuGNR kinda fan, so it kinda bugs me the wrong way to now be like those nagative trolls who I allways try to ignore. So I think I'm gonna try my best not to shit anymore on my favourite band...

Hopefully for those of you elsewhere in Europe, Australia and the US or whereever, things (Axl) will improve as the tour goes on....

22    19

DCK

DCK wrote:

Well, hate to break it to you, but you should have expected it. I didn't mention anything about late starts in my review, because Axl simply does it like that. In order not to be annoyed, I just go a bit later. In Oslo, I showed up just an hour before they got on. I would have done the same in Bergen, coming there around 21:00-21:30. A promoter should do his homework and prepare for it as well. If he's not prepared for Axl being 2 hours late, he just haven't done his bloody job. Annoying for general audience guys standing in line for 4 hours? Yep, but when you go to shows or move your ass somewhere, do a little research beforehand. I saw people lining up at Oslo around 18:30. I walked past them and said to my wife "these fuckers have no clue what they're getting themselves into". I had not even started to drink my beers or had any dinner, and they were already lining up. Poor bastards. Sometimes it's smart to be hardcore-forum-GNR-fan!

Axl did almost fuck up Bergen, coming in at the airport 20:15 almost pulling a "Vancouver". That was not good. I think he knew it. So he most likely lost Bergen as a place to come back to. The loss is almost zero. There's plenty of cities like that all over Europe dying to get their hands on GNR. I'm not sure what he said or didn't say in Bergen, buy flying in that late and coming on 3 hours late, I think the audience should be given a quick sorry or explanation. Maybe he said something, I don't know. Thought he said something like "I thought I was in trouble.." in regards to his later than normal start.

Axl won't be on time in Europe. It's over 20 years of experience with GNR shows on the line behind that statement.

But it is a bit odd. He doesn't Twitter anymore. Never really speaks during the concerts. He used to talk quite a lot during shows, either cracking jokes or ranting about something. When he goes quiet like that, you go "err....what?".

There's only one DJ Ashba though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSvP5BhO … re=related

The guy seriously made me a fan.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

All of the things you guys are describing, has been Axl's MO since 1992.

It makes it even more difficult for GN'R, because at least in those days they had Slash as a spokesman. Who could keep the light on.

Ron & DJ try, but no one knows who the hell they are. Axl has this amazing ability to be the best rock frontman in the world, but at times, he seems like he absolutely hates it.

Board footer