You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: Rumors building up regarding CDII release date...

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
rose22 wrote:

come on guys. hypothetically speaking........who would be in the axl rose fronted super-group. curious to hear everyones thoughts.

Well, I wasn't actually trying to start up another "dream group" thread. Just stating that he could thrive under those conditions without being tied to the GNR name and the expectations(or lack thereof) that come with it.

Axl- vocals
Kim Thayil- lead guitar
Justine Frischmann- guitar, vocals
Ben Shepherd- bass, vocals
Nick Menza- drums

Menza the exception, that's a band full of songwriters. Even if Axl has writers block or just wants to "shut up and sing" and not worry about creating the actual music/lyrics, its an environment that would suit him well.

Fuck it. Just hire those people and label it Guns N Roses.

You would have to pick some of my all time favorite musicians and throw them in together... 

I want to see Axl and Shooter Jennings work together.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm pretty sure Axl had everything to do with the tracklisting. If he turned in 30 tracks to the record company I would think those songs were meant for future albums for the company to hear and give feedback.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

It could be that CDII will see the light of day only after the exclusive deal with BestBuy expires.

Have any of you guys living in the US seen ChiDem at a "regular" retailer (other than those who are obviously imported) ?

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

Naltav - it's available everywhere in the US now.

Manets
 Rep: 9 

Manets wrote:

The ones who don't believe are blind.

Those statements were made by Axl Rose after Chinese Democracy was launched:
"Same bat time, same bat channel".
"launch a CD, tour for a year, launch a CD, tor for a year..."
"Always thought about Chinese Democracy as a double..."

Axl Rose also gave lists of record that could be in the second album. Ron Thal said he worked on a bunch of songs didn't make on the first album. Several band members said that they have like 2 or 3 CDs. Axl said in 2006 that they had 26 songs finalized, mixed and mastered, ready to be launched.

Check out the launch date of the last 3 Guns N' Roses in which Axl was involved in the negotiations (The Spaghetti Incident?, Live Era and Chinese Democracy) and you'll have a clear idea.

I heard some rumors about a new album and about a USA Tour that are not public, and won't be (only if someone else tells, I won't), but lets just say that it all makes sense and it all fixes to what the general public know about both topics.

AtariLegend wrote:

Errrrrm...

Aren't you one of the trolls over on "MYGNR"?

You do not know anything...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Gong wrote:

I haven't seen it. Just GH & AFD these days.

Manets
 Rep: 9 

Manets wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Errrrrm...

Aren't you one of the trolls over on "MYGNR"?

You do not know anything...

Believe what you want. I'm no lying, and I would love to see where did I trolled at MyGNR, please show me that.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Gong wrote:

I haven't seen it. Just GH & AFD these days.

Russ explained this awhile back.  CD is available everywhere now, the Best Buy deal is done.  But since CD is over a year old, it's considered a catalog album.  Therefore retailers would only order catalog albums if they're big sellers or they have reason to believe it'll sell well (ie. AFD, GH, Thriller, etc.).  At this point, it probably doesn't make sense for them to order a bunch of copies of CD when Best Buy still has loads left.  MAYBE, when/if they do a US tour it'll happen.  But not untill then at least.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer