You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: God damn, how great is Estranged!!!

Axlin16 wrote:

No, they "thought" it was possibly This I Love before anyone had heard it.

Of course when CD was released, people realized TIL was an entirely different song.

The 1992 thing was because Axl referenced This I Love YEARS ago in an old RS interview I believe or maybe Loder. But it was circa '92. He said it was the heaviest thing he'd written to date, and still agreed with it in his recent chats I believe.

After we all heard the song - i'd say lyrically it's pretty damn deep. Gotta be up there with Coma.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

No, they "thought" it was possibly This I Love before anyone had heard it.

Of course when CD was released, people realized TIL was an entirely different song.

The 1992 thing was because Axl referenced This I Love YEARS ago in an old RS interview I believe or maybe Loder. But it was circa '92. He said it was the heaviest thing he'd written to date, and still agreed with it in his recent chats I believe.

After we all heard the song - i'd say lyrically it's pretty damn deep. Gotta be up there with Coma.

Oh. So just the usual GN'R fan speculation bullshit eh? 16

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah. There were some nerds on YouTube and MyGNR DEAD convinced it was This I Love instrumentally in the background on the Estranged Makin' the Fuckin' Videos.

And like always, the nerds were wrong (okay, maybe we get it right SOMEtimes).

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Yeah. There were some nerds on YouTube and MyGNR DEAD convinced it was This I Love instrumentally in the background on the Estranged Makin' the Fuckin' Videos.

We got it right with Song #2 being Prostitute didn't we? That's gotta count for something! tongue 16

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

Found this a lil late to the party  Epic!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estranged

"Use Your Illusion II's liner notes thank Slash for "the killer guitar melodies," which captured Axl Rose's vision."

"Estranged" is a song and music video by the American hard rock band Guns N' Roses, from part two of their Use Your Illusion albums, Use Your Illusion II.

At over nine minutes long, "Estranged" is the longest song on Use Your Illusion II, and Guns N' Roses' second-longest overall (after "Coma" from Use Your Illusion I). It has many verses, and no set chorus, as well as distinguished guitar and piano solos. Use Your Illusion II's liner notes thank Slash for "the killer guitar melodies," which captured Axl Rose's vision. Slash has specifically stated that recording the guitar parts for this song was very intensive for him; he recorded it using a Les Paul Gold Top, using the treble pickup with the tone turned all the way down.[1]

According to Slash, the song was written while the band was rehearsing for an extended period of time in Chicago.[2] Axl revealed that he wrote the song during a more "bummed out" time in his life when his marriage with Erin Everly was annulled.[3]

jamester

jamester wrote:

lol @ mygnr nerds .... JR are you one of the guys over there debating Axls penis size?:laugh:

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

We got it right with Song #2 being Prostitute didn't we? That's gotta count for something! tongue 16

Wait a minute dude, no the fuck they weren't. Now THAT is one I get to hang my 10-gallon hat on.

WE might've and a couple others, but not the majority at all. We were the ones saying how Song #2 HAD to be Prostitute, because the actual name was in the song.

The large majority, by far on all the boards, were dead convinced it was "proudly doom" in the song's lyric... wtf? You had HTGTH, MyGNR and some of the torrent trackers convinced the song was "Leave Me Alone" or "Messages Of You" were the titles.

But by God it wasn't Prostitute. I thought it was clear as day.

Suddenly the album comes out, Song #2 is now Song #14 and it's called Prostitute. Then everyone acts like it was common knowledge. Bullshit.

And the ONLY reason people debated it and refused to accept Song #2 as Prostitute, is because of that old interview with whoever the fuck that said that Prostitute was the next Nightrain. So this whole time they were waiting for this kick ass GN'R rocker.

People's little widdle hearts were broken when it ended up being a ballad.

I still find it funny... 16

jamester062001 wrote:

lol @ mygnr nerds .... JR are you one of the guys over there debating Axls penis size?:laugh:

Bullcrap... I stay WAY out of those threads. 14

Matter of fact, I don't even think i've visited that board since Axl chokeslammed Madison. Had to go back for that beautiful, LONG DESERVED moment.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Estranged is GNR's most beautiful epic/ballad type song, its fucking amazing.

jamester

jamester wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Estranged is GNR's most beautiful epic/ballad type song, its fucking amazing.

Couldnt have said it better....here is a fav clip o mine. takes slash a min and axl still looks like a drunk teen....lots must have hapend between 91-93. this song is hell to play on guitar!

Guns N' Roses - Estranged - Live in Indiana '91

Orignal video is EPIC!

Sky Dog wrote:

I was at that Indiana show...GREAT CONCERT.

Board footer