You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: Axl fires back at Irv with lawsuit

Aussie wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
madagas wrote:

The COUNTER SUIT only came because Azoff filed suit against him. Axl would not have had any real reason to do anything had Irving left well enough alone and just walked away. Again, Axl is just defending himself against Azoff's suit...the two suits are one in the same.

So his manager completely sabotages his record, but he's only going to sue because he got sued?  I don't buy it.  That makes no sense whatsoever.  If Azoff did what Axl says he did, he's getting sued no matter what.

That's actually a really good point!  If Azoff did all that shit to him why wasn't Axl suing him already?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Aussie wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
madagas wrote:

The COUNTER SUIT only came because Azoff filed suit against him. Axl would not have had any real reason to do anything had Irving left well enough alone and just walked away. Again, Axl is just defending himself against Azoff's suit...the two suits are one in the same.

So his manager completely sabotages his record, but he's only going to sue because he got sued?  I don't buy it.  That makes no sense whatsoever.  If Azoff did what Axl says he did, he's getting sued no matter what.

That's actually a really good point!  If Azoff did all that shit to him why wasn't Axl suing him already?

Well he could've done what some have alluded to.  He could've sucked it up and just moved on with new management, hoping for the best.  But when Azoff sued him, he forced his hand and the only option was to counter sue.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Ultimately in the end it seems you ARE on the right track about this all hurting the fans.

But in the end, Axl winning would be for our benefit, not loss.

I don't care what it contains. Axl could be wrong on all accounts for all I care. I care about the music, the shows, the albums and that's why I find it only rational and logical to back Axl and hope he wins.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

More lame bullshit that in the end, hurts the fans like us the most.  Faldor, stop the blind defending of these rediculouse comments.  And isn't Guitar Hero 3 featuring Welcome to the Jungle???  Now Sweet Child O'Mine.. Who wrote Rose's counter suit?  The same guy that wrote his liner notes?  Its so embarrassing.

I don't see the need to single me out in this.  It's not like I'm the only one siding with Axl.  Do I believe everything Axl says?  No.  But the language of the countersuit which outlines the chain of events seems pretty feasible to me.  I'm sorry if you don't see it that way.  That's fine, you're entitled. 

Ultimately in the end it seems you ARE on the right track about this all hurting the fans.  It looks like it has been and will continue to be tough for GNR to tour the US when they're going toe to toe against LN/TM.  But IF Azoff did all that Axl claims and sabotaged his vision, that would be the catalyst.  Not this countersuit.  Axl is not one to just lay down and let others take control and do whatever they say despite what he believes.  He doesn't want a reunion.  Accept that and move on.

I don't care about a reunion, but shit, its been years since we have been able to see him on a good tour in the US.  i haven't seen them since 2002!!!!!!  I just get frustrated... Sorry, didn't mean to single just you out, it just blows.

Sky Dog wrote:

The last thing Live Nation will do is blackball Gnr.....that just proves Axl's case!

faldor

faldor wrote:
DCK wrote:

Ultimately in the end it seems you ARE on the right track about this all hurting the fans.

But in the end, Axl winning would be for our benefit, not loss.

I don't care what it contains. Axl could be wrong on all accounts for all I care. I care about the music, the shows, the albums and that's why I find it only rational and logical to back Axl and hope he wins.

Yeah that was sort of my point.  It IS hurting us fans in the US right now as it seems it has been and could be difficult for GNR to tour here.  But it's not like that was Axl/the band's intention.  Their hand was forced in that direction.  At least that's the way it seems from reading Axl's side of the story.  I'm sure Azoff has his own explanation of things.  I'd be interested to hear that.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Didn't Axl say similar things about Merck as well, about not being informed about things.... Maybe its Axl with the problem and not all these managers..

johndivney wrote:

but maybe axl's right & everyone else/these managers is/are wrong?!

faldor

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Didn't Axl say similar things about Merck as well, about not being informed about things.... Maybe its Axl with the problem and not all these managers..

I won't argue that Axl probably isn't the easiest guy in the world to manage.  Much the contrary I'd venture to guess.  Which is why I'd like to hear Azoff's side of things.  Because hearing just Axl's side makes Irving look like "King Dick".

It seems that people feel that they can take advantage of Axl and obviously Axl tends to be a little sensitive when it comes to the business dealings, as most artists are.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Maybe it's a problem with all managers. tongue

It doesn't mean Axl got a "problem". It means he wanna do things a specific way. This obviously crashes with how managers want to do things.

It doesn't simply mean the managers are right, and Axl is wrong just because he falls out of favour with them.

Board footer