You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Axl fires back at Irv with lawsuit

Smoking Guns wrote:

Just pointing out a trend... Things end bad with every manager Axl has.  Why is that?  It could be all the manager's fault, or it could be sometimes Axl is unreasonable, doesn't listen, doesn't care, until it bites him in the ass and then he gets all pissed off.  Again, I don't know what is going on, just noting a trend.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Has anybody every worked with Axl in any capacity for a period of time (no Brian May guest appearances) and remained close to him?  I think he's just a hard person to work with in every way, shape, and form.  That doesn't make him a bad person, I think he got shit on so much as a child that he is only going to do things his way.

Sky Dog wrote:

Smokin, time to run on back to the Slash fest? Axl clashes with everybody.....certainly not a new trend. However, AGAIN, Azoff files suit against Axl...ie starts the fight...Axl hits back. And now, as usual, we are going to spin this in to an anti Axl thread.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I am not going to spin shit until I see all the facts, but we know Axl can be delusional.  I don't like the sound of this Azoff guy, but Axl isn't his first Rodeo, should be interesting to see how it all turns out. 

Axl = Mike Tyson in situations like this.

Sky Dog wrote:

How is he delusional in this case? Azoff FILED SUIT AGAINST HIM!!!! HE HAD TO RESPOND. Whether he can prove all those accusations is not the point (I don't think he can but I don't think Azoff can prove he should get a commission for those tours). He wouldn't have done anything had Azoff not sued him! For fuck's sake.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Has anybody every worked with Axl in any capacity for a period of time (no Brian May guest appearances) and remained close to him?  I think he's just a hard person to work with in every way, shape, and form.  That doesn't make him a bad person, I think he got shit on so much as a child that he is only going to do things his way.

I think that pretty much sums it up.  Obviously it appears Axl is difficult to work with.  But I don't think he does it simply to be a dick.  He seems to have a lot of issues from his life experiences that lead him to have trust issues.  He's certainly not the first to want to have things done on his terms.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Has anybody every worked with Axl in any capacity for a period of time (no Brian May guest appearances) and remained close to him?

Tommy, Dizzy and Beta.

Beta left Stephanie we all know. She's been with Axl. Obviously, if Axl was a dick she would have left.

Manager-wise it's a different ballgame.

Axl wants something, managers want something. Doesn't work out.

I am just skeptical about managers and agents in general. There's always agendas going around, and I don't think their agendas go much further than making money...

I know a singer who's been changing managers since the 80's. He's a really great guy. He just don't want the same things as managers and it don't usually work out. He doesn't have any issues or anything, it simply doesn't work most of the time, so don't be too quick to blame it on Axl's history. That's too easy IMO.

Sky Dog wrote:

mother goose!!!!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

or Izzy who came back in 2006, despite running Axl down, not to mention Slash would hit his knees on a moment's notice to be back in Guns. It's amazing for how much of a nazi Axl is, people come back to him. Strange roll

Just because you sell a house, doesn't mean you are friends with the realtor. I've had good ones, and i've had bad ones. I've had ones that I liked as people, but disagreed with on business, and when they didn't do what I wanted them to do or what I thought they should've done - I fired them. Sunrise, sunset. It's nothing personal. They were agents working on my behalf, and we parted ways.

Azoff sued Axl, and Axl countered. Happens all the time. Axl most likely was going to let it slide, BECAUSE of Azoff's MASSIVE power and sway in the business. He'd be a 'worker' going up against the John D. Rockefeller of the music industry. But when Azoff sued Axl, Axl probably "fuck this guy, and called his lawyer".

Sky Dog wrote:

JR wouldn't stand for it either....."Sue Ellen, call our lawyer and get me a Bourbon and Branch." big_smile

Board footer