You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Axl fires back at Irv with lawsuit

RussTCB wrote:

removed

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
russtcb wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
DCK wrote:

Not worth a serious reply. You're beyond the outer parts of the solar system here Dave.

And why is that? Axl is a known liar, and is always bending the truth.
I showed how Axl is claiming Az planned this, Axl and Slash did meet, and Scott even said there were reunion talks about a gnr reunion.

Using simple logic its very possible.

I am sorry if some of you cannot accept this is possible.

Possible yes. Posting it as fact? No. Also, when did this fictitious meeting between Axl and Slash happen?

edit: Also, this topic has been merged with the one already discussing the same topic.

How did I post it as fact, I even added IMO to the original post.

Also the rumor was back in 2007, remember when axl claim Slash was talking crap about Scott and VR?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Nah, that's pretty much wishful thinking.

Azoff aint the managaer anymore.
The only real time Slash and Axl "met up" was when Slash showed up at his gate and Axl blasted him for it.
Weiland pulled that out of his ass. Everyone in VR said it wasn't true. Then some fans put too much into something he said recently.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
russtcb wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Possible yes. Posting it as fact? No. Also, when did this fictitious meeting between Axl and Slash happen?

edit: Also, this topic has been merged with the one already discussing the same topic.

How did I post it as fact, I even added IMO to the original post.

Also the rumor was back in 2007, remember when axl claim Slash was talking crap about Scott and VR?

You started a new thread titled "Axl Wanted Slash Back...". Then you added that some meeting had taken place between Axl & Slash. That's how you posted it as fact.

A rumor in 2007 is far different than an actual fact in the real world.

I guess you failed to read the title of my thread

It said

What if Axl was aware of Azoff trying to get Slash back because Axl

WHAT IF, you do know WHAT IF means right? I even said IMO about what I thought. I dont know what more I can say to show its my opinion on what could have happened based on the evidence and rumors floating around.

Slash said he went to Axls house.

That is where the meeting came from.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
misterID wrote:

Nah, that's pretty much wishful thinking.

Azoff aint the managaer anymore.
The only real time Slash and Axl "met up" was when Slash showed up at his gate and Axl blasted him for it.
Weiland pulled that out of his ass. Everyone in VR said it wasn't true. Then some fans put too much into something he said recently.

Of course VR will say its not true because why would Slash tell them he wanted to go back with Axl.

Its not hard to believe at all, that is my point.

I am not saying its what happened, but its easily possible.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

In my opinion:

Slash and Duff both WANT to go back with Axl, who wouldn't, together they make up one of the biggest bands in history, but they want it on their own terms, that is, they want no bullshit late starts and cancels, and they want to be respected and treated as the co-founders of the band that they are, and not as employees or bit parts. They want it, which is why 90% of the time they are diplomatic in their responce to the drama, and they always leave that door a little open for the future, but they don't want it on any conditions, it's got to be right.

I think Axl's issue with it could potentially be that those demands are not compatiable with the level of security and self determination he wants in his life, but more over, he seems angered on an emoitional and personal level by the others, especially Slash, and that's not something thats going to be resolved with any amount of money and various deal making. It would require more of a human interaction, for the parties to connect and repair the friendship, or become friends if they never were. For each to grow an appriciation of the way the other thinks, and a way to accomodate all those feelings around working together on their crafts. They'd both have to want this to happen, and basicly 99% of the the time they don't. I think perhaps the night slash drove to axl's house slash was in a frame of mind where he wanted it, but either it didn't last, or Axl wasn't in a similar place, or he never got a chance to pitch his case to axl.

As for this stuff with Azoff. My guess would be that Axl questioned Azoff when they started as to what his intentions were and Azoff told him what he wanted to hear....ie...pro the new line up and so on. That's what most managers do. They say what needs to be said to keep their boy happy. At some point, from Axl's pov at least, Azoffs actions where not compatiable with what he'd promiced, and the relationship broke down.

But I'd be surprised if Axl had an agenda to reunite with slash, because I don't think he needs Azoff to make that happen, it's not about the fucking money and stuff, it's about two different personalities finding a mutual understanding and tollerance of the way the other thinks, and that's going to take a mobile fone,  a change of heart from both sides, and some gift from god, not the the CEO of ticketmaster, and surely Axl knows that, and so if it doesn't happen, it's because it's not on his agenda.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
russtcb wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
russtcb wrote:

You started a new thread titled "Axl Wanted Slash Back...". Then you added that some meeting had taken place between Axl & Slash. That's how you posted it as fact.

A rumor in 2007 is far different than an actual fact in the real world.

I guess you failed to read the title of my thread

It said

What if Axl was aware of Azoff trying to get Slash back because Axl

WHAT IF, you do know WHAT IF means right? I even said IMO about what I thought. I dont know what more I can say to show its my opinion on what could have happened based on the evidence and rumors floating around.

Slash said he went to Axls house.

That is where the meeting came from.

I sure do know what "What if" means. Especially since I added the "What if" to your title thread.

Your title was "Axl was aware of Azoff..." and I added "What if" to it myself when I saw it wasn't based anywhere in fact, then later merged it with this topic since there was no need to start a new one since it was already being discussed here.

Ouch!!  smile

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I tend to believe a reunion was close. I just don't see Scott making shit up, what does he have to gain from that?

im not saying a full fledged reunion, but some quick cash doing european festivals that were rumored.

IMO, Slash balked unless he was able to get a piece of GNR back and i think he and Duff's demands were too much and Axl said fuck it. They didn't want to be "employees"

Listen to Axl in his "homework" or  one of those interviews, he talks about how the reunion wasn't gonna happen and has been reiterated by ONE MAN.

Makes me think Slash was the reason a reunion wouldn't happen.

Board footer