You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Axl fires back at Irv with lawsuit

johndivney wrote:

this is awesome.
this is why axl is so fucking fun. even if you hate him for whatever reasons, you have to admire his ability to say No to The Man.

in this case i believe he is more right than wrong.
the way it's played has been a fun ride to - ever since azoff left & then filed that lawsuit the talk of his motives really went through the roof online & all the while we're waiting to see if axl goes on any rants on the tour but we have to wait 5 months for this bombshell.. fun times. this is easily the most fun band on the planet IMO.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

will this delay the imminent release of CD2? hmm

just kidding tongue

another year, another rant/lawsuit/blame ridden excuse

im sure there is some truth to it all but

a) good luck proving what amounts to 'he said, she said'
b) take some responsibility yourself

Azoff is a smart, powerful and wealthy industry figure and Axl is going to do nothing but bog himself down for years in expensive legal hell

great

the whole thing reads rather unprofessionally in my view. Sounds like it was written by Axl (parts of it read like his Buckethead/Rio cancellation press release) with a lawyer throwing in a few legal references here and there.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Wow reading that, Axl should get 5 million and more.  I gotta side with Axl all the way on this one. Certainly explains a lot of shit.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Ummmm remember this from the Skwerl leaks case:

"hopkins, on Jul 15 2009, 11:52 PM, said:

Ok, so I asked the question

therealhopkins@skwerl I'm guessing the lack of civil suit means that it's someone in the GNR "inner circle" who doesn't wanna get named and shamed?

skwerl@therealhopkins think bigger "

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?sho … 781&st=195

johndivney wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Interesting... if this truely fleshes out this could be huge.

Axl the artist vs. Azoff the business man

People thoughout the business could draw sides.

there won't be anyone on GnR or Axl's side of any value. you can see Azoff is already spinning it like it's the paranoid ravings of a madman & axl has had image problems for the past forever & it's simply easier for people to think he's wrong & a dick than to think through the possibility there's something more important at stake here, such as the powerplays of industry business..

Sky Dog wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

will this delay the imminent release of CD2? hmm

just kidding tongue

another year, another rant/lawsuit/blame ridden excuse

im sure there is some truth to it all but

a) good luck proving what amounts to 'he said, she said'
b) take some responsibility yourself

Azoff is a smart, powerful and wealthy industry figure and Axl is going to do nothing but bog himself down for years in expensive legal hell

great

the whole thing reads rather unprofessionally in my view. Sounds like it was written by Axl (parts of it read like his Buckethead/Rio cancellation press release) with a lawyer throwing in a few legal references here and there.

Do you not realize that this is just a response to the lawsuit that was filed against Axl? Azoff fired the first shot.....Axl HAS to respond and he simply fired back. 17

Sky Dog wrote:

Just briefly looked at it......He filed an ANSWER and cross complaint to the Azoff lawsuit. HE HAS TO DO THAT OR HE DEFAULTS! You guys saying Axl is sue happy and just pushing blame are COMPLETELY wrong. He is just legally defending himself against the lawsuit AZOFF filed. Sometimes I just want to ram my head through the computer.

I don't know who is right in the suit but I do know when defending yourself in a situation like this you throw up every defense possible. I'll be pouring over this in the near future.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
madagas wrote:

...I'll be pouring over this in the near future.

What do mean? Just curious, do you have some kind of experience in legal matters?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

so back to skwerl....is that a claim that the leaks are from Azoff?

if the leaks were from azoff...waas it a play to force axl's hand into releasing the disk.

was it also a play to cause CD to fail by eliminating anticipation

ultimately hoping to force axl to consider a reunion?

also we have axl talking nice things about slash to a complete 180...did azoffs subterfuge ultimately make axl resent slash that much more? or maybe just reopen old wounds

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
-D- wrote:

I honestly believe Axl on this 100 percent. No way he releases this album and sits in his fucking house for a year. If that were the case, he never would've released it in the the first place. I think he was promised certain things and those things were not delivered.

Actually, Axl released an album and sat in his house.  You can't give him a pass on this one.  One fact that is indisputable in all of this is that Axl himself did nothing to promote his album.  Whether someone else failed to deliver on a promise is irrelevant.  None of that stops Axl from doing his own work to promote it.  Nothing other than Axl that is.

Board footer