You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Axl fires back at Irv with lawsuit

johndivney wrote:
Neemo wrote:

so back to skwerl....is that a claim that the leaks are from Azoff?

in the affidivit(?) axl/gnr claim:
"Cross-defendants (Azoff/Front Line Management) along with the record company authorized the streamig of CD without Rose's consent & leaked its content on the internet. this damaged album sales."

maybe if it gets to court there'll be a more explicit accusation & maybe a name of who exactly leaked it but it certainly looks to have been a planned leaked by Front Line & the record label if you add skwerl's remarks & this allegation.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

^ The difficulty with that one is that Axl's "defacto" family (i.e. Fernando) also leaked (or was the original source behind tracks that leaked) prior to the skewerl ones.  You could argue they did just as much if not more damage to the anticipation.

That said if Azoff leaked shit too that is fucken low!

Sky Dog wrote:

After reading it over, not a lot of meat there. The only thing of real substance is that Axl agrees they had an "oral" contract....which is completely insane when dealing with that kind of money.

Sky Dog wrote:

"Relying on his representations, Rose hired Azoff as the band's manager. In or about April 2008, Cross-Complainants and Cross-Defendants entered into an oral management agreement("Agreement") pursuant to which Azoff agreed to serve as the band's manager. Pursuant to this Agreement, and by operation of law, Azoff and Front Line became fiduciaries to Cross-
Complainants, and each owed and continue to owe fiduciary duties to Cross-Complainants, the band and the individual band members, including the duties of undivided loyalty, good faith and care.
Chinese Democracy."

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

^ Yeah Axl obviously trusted the guy and took his word on a lot of things.  It's admirable if true, but unfortunately it doesn't appear that a guy like Azoff has a lot of integrity, so it was a silly thing to do.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

No way Axl didn't know Azoff's track record of reuniting bands. He's not that dumb. He knew it, and now he's using it to his benefit. Azoff wanted to use it too, but failed and sued. Now Axl's counter attacking, using Azoff's reputation of reunion-maker to his benefit.

I think I'm siding with Axl. Not because I fully agree or know anything about it, but because Axl winning would be the absolute best for the band, for the fans, for future albums and future tours. And that's what matters. Not who's right or wrong. I'm with Axl.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Aussie wrote:

That said if Azoff leaked shit too that is fucken low!

I agree 100% on this.  There was no reason for him to sabotage the album.  Axl likely would have sabotaged the album himself.  tongue

I don't think the Live Nation/Ticketmaster merger is a good thing in any way.  I hope if nothing else, this lawsuit sheds some light on how bad that is.

Sky Dog wrote:

When you go to bed with a whore, you wake up with a whore. 2 rich guys suing each other *yawn*...no different than the bullshit Slash/Duff lawsuits.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

Axl claims the band lost $700,000 on the Canadian dates alone.

Sky Dog wrote:

He didn't lose in Asia and SA...can guarantee you that. Canada? Maybe....Azoff is talking about profits from all 3 legs together.

Board footer