You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Dublin, Ireland - September 1, 2010 (The O2)

buzzsaw wrote:

you could just cut and paste from the previous show.

In all seriousness, glad they went back on, but I can't really give them a pat on the back for doing what they should have done.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

The show is already a hot radio topic over there.  Just started listening about 30 minutes ago and it's ALL they're talking about.  People are not happy.

http://www.fm104.ie/on-air/listen-live.aspx

Most people are pissed at the band, saying they had to wait an hour and a half.  Crowd was throwing stuff at the band and flipping them the bird.  They said security urged them to leave because the show was over.  Then a half hour later they went back on.  So they're not happy about not being able to get their money back.  People are saying the only reason they went back onstage was so they could get paid.

One lady called up and said that as part of the crowd was leaving Axl was screaming at them and telling them to F off.

However, there are a few callers blaming the crowd for their actions. 

One guy who threw a bottle at the stage is complaining about Axl being fat.  Complaining about what songs they played, the CD stuff.  The guy is defending his actions by saying that nobody threw a GLASS bottle.  Apparently he thinks it's alright to throw plastic bottles.  What dick!

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:

No one should be expected to do their job with stuff being thrown at them.

While I'm not there, I'd be willing to bet there wasn't a steady stream of shit being thrown at them and it sounds like the band was egging them on.  Not defending the actions of people throwing shit, but that's not the way to diffuse a situation.

faldor

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:

No one should be expected to do their job with stuff being thrown at them.

While I'm not there, I'd be willing to bet there wasn't a steady stream of shit being thrown at them and it sounds like the band was egging them on.  Not defending the actions of people throwing shit, but that's not the way to diffuse a situation.

Once again, it's tough to decipher hearing peoples accounts.  For example the Reading show SOUNDED like it was a total disaster from everything I read or heard, but watching those videos everything looked and sounded to be quite fantastic.

Right now, it SOUNDS awful and people are placing a majority of the blame on GNR.  I don't really agree with their excuses though, saying the band deserved to have things thrown at them.  That doesn't fly with me.

I just wish these shows could go down without incidence.  Like last night.  It IS possible.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

it sounds like the band was egging them on

How were they egging them on? Seriously, what was said?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I do think people should get refunded if securtiy told fans (the ones who wern't throwing shit that is) that the show was over, so they left in good faith and then the show continued 30 mins after. That's harsh.

I don't blame axl for this though, it's not reasonable to have shit thrown at you.

Wish venue security could stamp out bottles and stuff, but I guess with long waits people need to drink.

faldor

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I do think people should get refunded if securtiy told fans (the ones who wern't throwing shit that is) that the show was over, so they left in good faith and then the show continued 30 mins after. That's harsh.

I don't blame axl for this though, it's not reasonable to have shit thrown at you.

Wish venue security could stamp out bottles and stuff, but I guess with long waits people need to drink.

I'd agree about the refund, but it'd be impossible to figure who did or didn't leave.  Anyone with a ticket could say they left and get their money back regardless. 

I don't "blame" Axl either, but from what I've been hearing he could've handled this a little better by maybe communicating with the fans a bit.  It sounds like they had no clue what was going on.  Tommy could've taken the mic and told them to stop throwing shit or they were gonna leave like he did at Download was it?  But again, we don't know exactly what went down so it's hard to tell.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

You shouldn't throw shit at the stage ever, that is just lame.  Although I can see how an extended wait could force some people to vent their spleen when the band finally gets there.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The band might have alot of issues, but when people throw shit... fuck that.

Consider everything after Sorry as bonus. I sure of shit would've walked. So I give them all the credit in the world for that.

Board footer