You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: Whiskey In The Morning (more free downloads)

jamester wrote:

I would add a full time guitar player. Solos sound much better over a full band. As far as driving solo's its a must in a live setting imo. dosent matter if your competing with 5 guitars or a 3 piece band. your sound is already in that song. Even if your alone playing to a metronome boost the solo  to stand out. It grabs attention! especially on the songs your good at. YOu guys are in it for the money. who they gonna call? That bland band or the one with the standout guitar player and the exciting singer that gets the crowd involved? What band will be able to pull more money? Think of GNR KOHD the song is done to death and there is what a good 25-30 "better" songs they could put in place? Its about connection and sharing space, being remembered, Fun, It is about the presentation and show as much it is about the covers. 3

Part 2:

1.Young Lust (Pink Floyd)"Ive known people to disappear into the wall for 5 years"
Vocal: good cover
Guitar:good, the pinch was different.
Lead: fit
Bass:
Drum: there is that sore thumb drum sound
Vibe: Floyd are awesome but There music is a downer for me. Not something for a bar IMO

2.Hey Jealousy (Gin Blossoms) What ever happened to this band?
Vocal:Good Job! mix is shit tho.
Guitar: GAIN!
Lead:
Drum: Warmed up by the end big_smile
Vibe: Cool cover

3.Song 2 (Blur) WooHOO!
Vocal:Sounded good
Guitar:^^
Lead:
Bass:good job
Drum: ^^
Vibe:WooHOO!

4.I Will Survive (Gloria Gaynor/Cake)
Vibe: lmao

5.Santa Monica (Everclear) Fun song live.
Vocal: Voice works needs energy. You sound bored again.
Guitar: Good wake up the others!
Lead:
Bass: good groove
Drum:
Vibe: speed it up it got a little energy @ 1:26

6.Got Me Wrong (Alice In Chains)
Vocal: cant hear. sounds like drunken mumble
Guitar:Good intro
Lead:
Bass:hypnotic!
Drum:sloppy intro
Vibe:cool cover kind of a downer. Felt like AIC made me sleepy like the orignal big_smile Really need a better recorder my wife came in @ the end and said like cats dieing

7.Ain't My Bitch (Metallica)
Skipped

8.Used To Love Her (Guns N' Roses)
keep practice. had some strong points. are you guys drunk for the last few songs? 0 vibe I hate to be so harsh.

9.Comfortably Numb (Pink Floyd -not complete)
Vocal: Sounds good but to mello. Its a mello vocal but wrong tempo
Guitar:
Lead:nice solo
Bass:
Drum Mabe you need a setlist with with song tempos wrote on it?
Vibe: you guys were all on a slow tempo. Sonds like you know the song

10.Slither (Velvet Revolver -not complete)
Lead:nice solo

11.My Own Worst Enemy (Lit)

Guitar: Over vocals, im glad you like to pinch but it doses not  fit the vocal!
Vibe: well....my wife sang along

12.Wicked Game (Chris Isaak/HIM)
skipped

13.Mama Kin (Aerosmith)
Vocal:Muffled but I like it. when you started i was lookin for you to say Join in then Axl take the next line. I had a muddy vocal boot that fits.
Guitar:love the intro!
Lead:
Bass:
Vibe:Rockin song. fix the mix

14.Crazy Bitch (Buckcherry):mosh:
Vocal:was into it!   shh during guitar solo! way to involve the crowd!
Guitar:
Lead: like the solo. Is there a solo in the original. kill the feedback @ the end!
Bass:
Vibe:like the intro! the band nailed the grove during crowd part!

15.Keep Your Hands To Yourself (Georgia Satellites) Jingalingaling!
Vocal:Nice crowd!
Guitar: such fun riffs nice outro
Lead:
Bass:
Drum good job
Vibe:SHH dont tell anyone I sang along! wife says best song on part 2 so far.

16.Jealous Again (The Black Crowes) Dont u think I want to !
Vocal:Shh during guitar intro! cool cover.
Guitar:nice intro seemed to lose time after it. NIce recovery later. cool cover.
Lead:
Bass: solid
Drum nice fit
Vibe: felt like a BC concert except from the vocal bass buzzing my speakers.

17.Talk Dirty To Me (Poison)  CC Pick up that guitar and talk to me!
Vocal:
Guitar:
Lead: Nailed it! push the lead!
Bass:
drum:
Vibe: Ide like to say you guys did a good job here but the backin guitar and vocal blended. I would like a better version!

18.Mr. Brownstone (Guns N' Roses):mosh:
Vocal:Nice lows I would like to see you push for the highs. and a better recorded version.
Guitar:Needs that back player
Lead: Was into the solo
Bass: nice groove
Drum: feels limited by set.
Vibe: Band nailed it!

19.Rock & Roll All Nite (KISS)(the party song by the guys that dont party!)
Vocal: good cover.
Guitar: Felt good
drum: Rocked
Vibe: Nice should be a set standard in a band ..this and fight for your right to party Beastie Boys

20.Nothing But A Good Time (Poison)
I love open up and say ...Ahh cool to see someone cover them. Thanks for that i think its time to burn the record and put it back in my play list. you guys make this song a good closer. would be cool to build on what your doing with the drummer here to his a few small show out spots for bass and guitar near the end of the song.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

Your Welcome! Steal me a shirt from Dr.Love yet?

I went in the original video of Nothing But A Good Time and most places you guys were spot on with the progress of the song.

I look forward to you guys loading video practices and gigs! Dr love do you have a youtube featuring you alone with a guitar?

I tried to imagine sitting at a table in front of a live band. for the most part that worked with the music. the band really stood out in places. The vocal even on the songs you sang the best the mix got in the way. 

Its gonna be hard to capture a live sound without everything being miked in to a mixer and pa. I have no clue how some of the camera phones sound so good on the recent GnR boots. I guess you get what you pay for big_smile

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:
jamester062001 wrote:

Your Welcome! Steal me a shirt from Dr.Love yet?

I went in the original video of Nothing But A Good Time and most places you guys were spot on with the progress of the song.

I look forward to you guys loading video practices and gigs! Dr love do you have a youtube featuring you alone with a guitar?

I tried to imagine sitting at a table in front of a live band. for the most part that worked with the music. the band really stood out in places. The vocal even on the songs you sang the best the mix got in the way. 

Its gonna be hard to capture a live sound without everything being miked in to a mixer and pa. I have no clue how some of the camera phones sound so good on the recent GnR boots. I guess you get what you pay for big_smile

Sorry, I hadn't seen this post. I didn't have any shirts in that size, but I will on the next order. I've had more than one request for that size. I don't have vids of just me playing, but I could in the future lol.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I did..had a drama at work though so only had a chance to listen to a track or two so far...but seems like good stuff smile

Just for interest, have you guys ever thought of doing some originals or it's not your thing?

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I checked out the songs i'm very familiar with, so I could get a good comparison.

Checked out Honky Tonk Woman, It's My Life, Sweet Emotion & Under Pressure.

The band is solid instrumentally. I'm particularly impressed with the guitarist (Dr. Love), for what is essentially a garage band. Drummer & bassist are dead on too. Very well done.

Vocally, I think that's where some work could be used. Russ you are decent, and there seem to be songs you sing better than others. Like Under Pressure for example. I was particularly impressed with your work on this, tackling a Queen song which are always hard to sing, whether you're in a band, playing Rock Band, or Axl Rose at a tribute show. I thought you made a great move to sing the middle portion of Under Pressure, like Freddie did live, where you didn't have to hit that high register. Not only was a good move for your voice, but as a Queen fan it seemed pretty purist for a live cut of Under Pressure.

Honky Tonk Woman was also a song that seemed to suit your voice well. The biggest issue I notice you seem to have an issue with, whether it's that you get winded or what, is that you seem to struggle, at least to my ears, to hold long notes vocally without getting pitchy or dropping out of the song. Switch overs immediately from one vocal to a different register also seem to be difficult.

I'm not trying to nitpick you, but i'm trying to be honest and say that some work there could help improve the quality of the vocals to get better and better. You seem to get better everytime I hear a new cut from WITM, so just keep trying to work on keeping the voice stable and strong, and you'll get better.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer