You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Gnr ranked 17th in top 25 tours mid year (billboard)

-D- wrote:
johndivney wrote:

still, it's a sad state of affairs when anyone is going to a bon fucking jovi concert.

no its cause when u go to a bon jovi show, u know its gonna kick ass, be professional, band will finish no matter what  "See Jon performing through a torn calve muscle* and u are always gonna get ur money's worth every single time.

U don't have to worry about Jon walking off stage cause of one dick bag in a 20k audience.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Say what you want about Bon Jovi's musical styles over the years, but in concert, they're a rock band, and put on a great rock show. And yep, they're professionals through and through.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah I don't get the hate for bon jovi. Just cos axl didn't like some guy calling him that during a bar fight 20 years ago, and that jon makes the occasional jealous 'but I've worked more than axl' type rant..which was more a dig at the media than axl, is no reason to write them off IMHO.

I'm not a huge fan, but as Bono says above, they have some damn catchy hits over the years, deserve a bit of respect.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

You have to give Bon Jovi credit for sticking it out over the years as well (U2 also).  They survived the grunge period, which most 80's bands folded during.  Granted they weren't quite as popular during those years, but they were active aside from Jon's solo effort and acting gigs.  I always wondered if GNR could've gone on if they wanted to during that time.  Would THEY have stayed relevant?

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

faldor wrote:

I always wondered if GNR could've gone on if they wanted to during that time.  Would THEY have stayed relevant?

Bluntly, I doubt it. If they'd released the material they were working on in 95/96 - It's Five O'Clock Somewhere, This I Love, Fall To Pieces - it would've tanked. Axl was right, really; they needed to evolve to survive.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

If you're going to see Bon Jovi now though, you need to see them outside the US. They don't seem to much care for American audiences anymore.

johndivney wrote:

^ that's a cracking post there. p funny.

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah I don't get the hate for bon jovi. Just cos axl didn't like some guy calling him that during a bar fight 20 years ago, and that jon makes the occasional jealous 'but I've worked more than axl' type rant..which was more a dig at the media than axl, is no reason to write them off IMHO.

I'm not a huge fan, but as Bono says above, they have some damn catchy hits over the years, deserve a bit of respect.

believe me, i don't need axl 2 fuel my disdain for bon fucking jovi. i'm a big boy n can make my own mind up.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

17th place is pretty decent if you ask me

as for no sellouts...i dont think sellouts are a concern....it jsut appears they'd rather sell 8-9000 tickets in a 12000 seat building rather than sell out a 5000 seat venue...

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
faldor wrote:

I always wondered if GNR could've gone on if they wanted to during that time.  Would THEY have stayed relevant?

Bluntly, I doubt it. If they'd released the material they were working on in 95/96 - It's Five O'Clock Somewhere, This I Love, Fall To Pieces - it would've tanked. Axl was right, really; they needed to evolve to survive.

Well, evolving didn't work so well either...

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
faldor wrote:

Well, evolving didn't work so well either...

You're right in a sense.  But I tend to think they wouldn't have stayed at the top of their game even if they stayed together.  In fact, they all might not still be alive today if they did and it was inevitable they weren't going to last forever. 

Is it possible that Axl knows that THIS version of GNR will never be fully accepted and that's the reason he seems to be putting in minimal effort, as far as promoting and getting the material out?  A case of why bother trying when it's not going to matter anyway.  So he does just enough to get by and still perform just enough to satisfy his appetite, and for the money of course.

Board footer