You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: what does Axl/GNR have to, to regain your interest 100%

DCK wrote:

I don't even think most GNR fans realize what a huge loss Bucket was as they never dove into his discography. They were content to just label him a freak and judge him on a few solos while worshiping Fortus who cant even be heard on the songs.

They never dove into anything, because they labeled him as a freak. Then bring in Fortus who really haven't shown shit in either department. They automatically loved him because he looked like Izzy. That's so fucked up I can't even begin to describe my disappointment and frustration with other GNR and rock fans. I actually thought we moved a little forward, but in the end, their opinions on matters differs not a fraction of that of their fucking grandparents. Same shit, different year.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

like it or not SCOM is THE iconic GnR song...IF there was a reunion there doesnt need to be another SCOM, but regardless of who's in the band or what is released under the GnR moniker SCOM will always be classified as their biggest tune by the majority of people

an uncle axl's bucket of bernie brains CD would still be too bizarre for mass consumption IMHO

as for fortus comments i never thought he looked like izzy, hes a good player i wont deny it, but he's not the guitar saviour that people have claimed in the past

image is a large part of the music biz...especially with the old guard, get off on the wrong foot then its ahrd to turn it around, with that being said there is still bands like slipknot that flourish...so you cant blame BH's short stay in gnr totally on image..and i have freinds that were totally against bh's look, but after they saw him in 2002 then they changed their tune based on shear talent that he posessed, anyway Slash is/was a master of working the press and promoting gnr...its hard to do that if you dont talk...or when you do its through a puppet, BH shoulda toned down the creepy part of his gimmick a bit, it woulda helped

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I think BHs solo stuff is amazing - I have several albums on my mp3 player and listen to it often  Great stuff..  I also think he never fit GnR.  TWAT may be one of the best GnR songs ever, but Shacklers is on the short list of the worst GnR songs.  BH brought one thing to the table (you can argue all day about who's fault that is) - it shined on TWAT, it was generally wasted on every other song - including the old material.

BH is a freak.  Undeniable fact.  He chose to be that way...nobody made him do it.  He never fit GnR.  Ever.  All the talent in the world doesn't make someone less of a freak, it makes them a freak with talent.  His talents were wasted in GnR...so in the end, he was just a freak.

I accept individuals for who they are.  There's nothing wrong with being an individual.  If as part of being an individual, you choose to cross the line, you have to live with the consequences.  BH didn't have to be a freak, he could have just been an individual.  Somewhere along the way he crossed the line into freakdom.  Instead of recognizing that and toning it down, he took it even further.  Again, nothing wrong with that, but you have to live with what happens as a result.  It's a shtick to get attention.  Nothing wrong with that either, but sometimes the attention you attract isn't going to be positive.

The reason DCK thinks nothing has changed is because it hasn't, nor should it.  There are socially accepted norms, there are individuals that push the norm, and there are freaks that completely disregard the norm.  It always has been that way, it always will be that way.  There's nothing wrong with it.  If it wasn't that way, no individual would ever stand out.  It's that standard that allows individuals to be individuals.

DCK

DCK wrote:

Rock stars and rock fans are supposed to be rebels. Out with the old, in with the new sort of stuff, or "don't give a shit" attitude. But in the end, if someone fucks a bit with their magic formula of things, they retract home quicker than my grandma when she saw a Pakistani for the first time. That's what I'm saying.

Nothing really annoys me more than when someone say "Buckethead didn't fit in GNR". No offense.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
DCK wrote:

Rock stars and rock fans are supposed to be rebels. Out with the old, in with the new sort of stuff, or "don't give a shit" attitude. But in the end, if someone fucks a bit with their magic formula of things, they retract home quicker than my grandma when she saw a Pakistani for the first time. That's what I'm saying.

Nothing really annoys me more than when someone say "Buckethead didn't fit in GNR". No offense.

He didn't.  And it's his own fault.

Rebels?  Yes.  Blind?  No.  There is a huge difference between being a rebel and being a freak.  BH isn't just a freak because of how he looks...that's just the tip of the iceberg.  You can't expect everybody to take him seriously when he doesn't even take himself seriously.

Sky Dog wrote:

Soothsayer definitely sounds like it could have/should have been a new Gnr track. Axl could easily put some lyrics on that. He did a pretty good job with Coma and Locomotive.:haha:

DCK

DCK wrote:

He did to me. What's that then. Blasphemy? Dear oh Lord, may not our musical band of rock stars with leather jackets that sing about fucking and sex be ruined by man with mask.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
DCK wrote:

He did to me. What's that then. Blasphemy? Dear oh Lord, may not our musical band of rock stars with leather jackets that sing about fucking and sex be ruined by man with mask.

Good for you.  You're in a very small group of people.  Way to be individualistic.  I'm proud of you.

Feel better?

BH did not, does not, and never could fit in with GnR unless he made some drastic changes.  That is the reality of the situation.

bucket  <-------there's nothing even remotely rock n roll about that.

DCK

DCK wrote:

Way to be individualistic

Same to you. Although you're just...not.

Oh btw, who defines what rock n roll is again?

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
DCK wrote:

Way to be individualistic

Same to you. Although you're just...not.

Oh btw, who defines what rock n roll is again?

The general population.  The same people that define everything.  I assure you that the general population doesn't see a guy with a KFC bucket on his head walking down the street and think "that's rock n roll" as they walk past.  I could be wrong since I haven't polled the entire world, but I'll take my chances and stand by my statement.

I'd say being willing to speak out against BH makes me quite individualistic at this site.  There's a very vocal minority that loves BH here, and that's fine.

Board footer