You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: World Tour Cancelled?

bigbri wrote:

Mole hill, I'd like to introduce you to mountain.

Nicely done, Neemo.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:
russtcb wrote:

They're just in limbo now because not one person associated with Guns N' Roses cares enough to use any of the mentioned outlets to clear this up for them?

Expected? Yes. Tolerable for me anymore? No.

fair enough. i see where u are coming from & agree it is a lame way to conduct themselves.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
mickronson wrote:

This whole affair has certainly shed some light on how quickly even the hardcore bunch now wont take anymore of his bullshit without even having the whole story.  I cant imagine what Axl would be thinking if he read some of the posts in the past day or so.  Although the jury is still out on whats really going on..

Precisely. That's what I was getting at with this "it's Bigger than cancellation and handling".

This situation shows how much stewing venom, even Axl's biggest supporters have had for years. And I think it's even more of a shame that those people expressing those feelings, have now had it spun and turned around to be irrational, or haters in hiding. It's a sad state of affairs.

misterID wrote:

I'm fanatical now... Okay.

This is easy an easy response. I do not give a fucking shit what you, or anyone else thinks about GNR, or what turned the tide to make you bitter. Don't care. It doesn't impact what I think at all. You're the one still trying to convince people that your way is right.

Buddy, I don't have to convince ANYONE that i'm right. I KNOW I'M RIGHT. It's your personal choice to be wrong. No one stopping you from that, i'm just trying to forewarn you.

misterID wrote:

Add to that, I've already said this line up doesn't excite me. I've been very honest in my views of how Axl has run the band, put out the album, even up to this moment, concert start times, his attitude, behavior, ext... But yet, I'm fanatical because I think a twitter post is a non event. Yup...

To be completely honest, I was stunned at your take on this whole thing. In the past you've been a completely honest, level-headed guy. I was absolutely stunned at the non-event you saw this. DCK too.

misterID wrote:

If it has some bigger significance to you, then fine. It doesn't with me.

If you're not happy with the term bullshit, I'll give you another then: Pulling shit out of your ass and acting like you know better than anyone else who doesn't fucking agree with you.

That's not bullshit. Once again, I dare you to show me one ounce of something i've said in this situation or in the past, that was me "bullshitting" about the band, or pulling shit out of my ass.

I've only referenced ACTUAL events and ACTUAL behavior and ACTUAL statements from Axl himself, to form how I report the problem.

I have never once made shit up or bullshitted or pulled shit out of my ass. Anything believed to the contrary is either misinformed, or a lie.

misterID wrote:

If you indentify yourself as one of the ones who "turned to the darkside" whatever the fuck that shit means, then fine.

You know exactly what that means. People who turn on Axl are treated as traitors within the fan community. And that whole attitude was created by Axl himself, as early as 1996. If Axl hates Slash, Axl fans MUST hate Slash. That was the MO for over a decade. Fans with Slash shirts were thrown, or denied from concerts.

It's not about Slash, it's about disagreeing with the holy one. If you disagree with Axl, your a defector. The attitude has defined internet politics since these boards began.

misterID wrote:

It wasn't aimed you. I've always respected your opinion, even though I disagreed with it sometimes. I even respect Bono, even though I think his opinion is completely jaded and he needs to take a valium whenever anyone disagrees with him. It's very unfortunate that I was wrong in thinking that you shared that same respect.

That's completely not true. I do share a respect of your opinion, it's just this time I greatly disagreed with it. Your comments were that of a Kool Aid drinker, and if I was wrong about anything, I should've held back that statement, as to afford you the respect you have earned of being a level-headed, fair, logical poster, and for that I am sorry.

I thought it was a smart ass statement. I didn't know it would cut so deep.

misterID wrote:

And if you can't fucking understand that I was saying that Russ has been unhappy with GNR for a long time and his "sudden" anger has really very, very little to do with a twitter post and has more to do with the band itself and that its been brewing over time, and that his "bitterness" was different than people like Smoking Guns piping in with his shit every chance he gets (which I've observed since about 2000 when I got on these boards) then you need to do some soul searching and find out who's really fucking ignorant here.

I hear you, and you are correct on this. But I still feel Smoking Guns or someone like him, their statements are just as legit, even if they became bitter 10 years ago. It's still the same shit.

All it meant was SG or others had a much less tolarance of this debacle than you or I or Russ did. I've known people just like him outside of the internet, and ironically - EVERYTHING they ever prophesized came to pass.

misterID wrote:

And I'm sorry, I thought Axl did clear this whole mess up in a nano second when it was announced his account had been hacked.

And all shows are still on, and no worries, and using FB, Twit, Press Release, etc.

Now this news story is everywhere, and it still hasn't been rectified.

This mess is still lying on the ground waiting for it's paper towel. It was never cleaned.

misterID wrote:

That Kool Aid must have impaired my vision. Some of you just decided to think he was lying. Which is abslutely your perogative, which I can understand. And you know what, he totally could be lying. But apparently if someone disagrees with you...

That sucking cock statement, was an in-general reference to the care-free attitude affored to Axl's stance, but the hater-stance afforded to those who don't buy it. In other words, if I suck Axl's cock, i'm somehow telling the truth, but if I refuse, i'm a hater and a conspiracy theorist.

So settle down with that go fuck yourself stuff, because that is not how that statement was made. Otherwise I would've said "you".

Despite your take on this whole thing, I have never ever thought of you as an Axl cocksucker.

And some of us deciding he was lying, simply happened because of HIS past history. He's been lying for years, why would this be any different? The fanbase has no trust of him, and it's his own fault. Not Slash's, not the media, not Stephanie's, HIM, and only him.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yay!

Tomorrow Axl and I will work on fractions. 22

Ron as always is the man, good or bad of any situation - he gets it.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Ron probably just woke up and heard what the hell was going. Wouldn't be surprised if logging on and sending that was one of the very first things he did today.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Twitter update from Ron:

"All is fine, hang tight."

See how easy that was?

comprage070206.jpg

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
TheMole wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Then you gotta mesage Twitter and getting it sorted might take a bit longer than 20 minutes.

Uhm, no...
You click on the "lost my password" button, you get sent an e-mail (to the account you used to register with), click on the link in said e-mail, change your password to something new, and you're good to go.

Easy as one-two-three, and as I mentioned before. I did the entire procedure for shits and giggles in under four minutes. Just for the heck of it.

Well can you change the email address assigned to the account. Hell could they have possibly hacked his email account if he was using a webmail one. If that's the case it may take a bit longer to sort.

Also Axl was out at the time with Ashba and he possibly isn't tech savvy, hell he might not have known what to do.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Just got off the phone with my friend in Northern Ireland, he still thought the show was off like he had heard on the radio earlier, and was going to try get refunds tonight. He's not a die hard, he was a bit bummed by it but just wanted to know if I was still coming over for a wee party anyway.

I'm still going to go to the show, more as an afterthought now, I'm more concerned with meeting up with some old friends and having a bit of banter. If GNR dont turn up it wont spoil our good time, we can make our own entertainment.
I'm glad its looking like they havnt pulled out of the tour, I want it to work out for them and for them to fulfil their potential and I want the chance to hear as many new songs live as possible. But still their credibility and future is hanging on a shaky nail, if Axl had had a meltdown and really pulled the plug and the tour was off like the 2002 shambles, I really believe he would be finished in this country and probably the world. He's too old and burned to many bridges.
I still love his music and his lyrics though and he'll always be my favourite artist.
I have no respect for his lateshows though, never have, or the stonewall silent treatment GNR reguarly gives their fans whenever it suits them. Theres no need for it, its downright rude, disrespectful and its completely deliberate. How they can believe thats a decent way to conduct their relations is beyond me.

All this year I have been working with terminally ill children and children with life limiting conditions and their families. Seeing what these kids and their families go through daily and witnessing the spirit, courage, determination, humility and enthusiasm for life despite their genuine pain and hardship - its really been an eye opener to me. Its made me look closely at myself and really made me analyse myself and encourage me to set about making personal changes in an attempt to make myself a better person, live life with more focus and enthusiasm, and really just have apprieciation for how good I have it.
I look at other people and how they live life and treat others, I think I've always had morals and standards anyway, but now I probably have a lot less tolerence for other more fortunate people's shitty behaviour and attitudes.
Anyway... basically I look at the unnecessarily shitty way GNR reguarly conducts its relations with its fanbase through more cynical and unforgiving eyes than I might have in the past.

Board footer