You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: 2010 Fantasy Football

faldor wrote:

DAMNNNNN!  I kept upping my bid on Jackson yesterday and finally settled at $36.  I thought about upping it above $40 before going to bed but decided against it.  Well, the winning bid was $40.  It's gonna be a long season in that league.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Don't feel bad MID. I am in 7 leagues (too many) and went 7-0.

faldor

faldor wrote:

So I was checking on my 3 teams today, as I normally do.  Praying to the fantasy gods that things pick up and I can turn things around this weekend.  Two of my teams put up pretty poor performances and lost.  My one team that actually had a decent week, had pulled out a win by .08 points.  So I get to that team and wouldn't you know it, I see that I'm listed at 0-1.  I went from 2nd place to 7th in one day.  They had given Kevin Kolb ONE rushing yard on Sunday.  Yes, I had Kolb starting.  Well they took that rushing yard away, so I ended up losing by .02 points.

This has happened to me before in yahoo leagues.  Those damn scoring changes.  That's why when my opponent posted an angry message about losing the matchup, I told him I just hope it would hold up.  Well, it didn't.

Bottom line, I went 0-3 in my leagues.  One of my teams looks bad and not much hope in sight.  One has Vince Young as my starting QB.  And my team in OUR league is okay, but kind of lacking at WR.  But that could be my best team, and the other 2 leagues are money leagues.  Not looking good.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Shit in the one league I'm in I got beat by someone who doesn't watch football.  This person only joined because we goaded her into it.  I almost got doubled up if it weren't for Gates MNF performance.

Here are my wrs points (via yahoo) for this past week:

1.50 (Crabtree)
4.50 (Calvin Johnson)
3.00 (Desean Jackson)

I added Austin Collie this week. No way I'm fucking starting Crabtree this week.
Flex spot advice--I'm currently starting Brent Celek (WR/TE spot).    Got Sims-Walker and Johnny Knox, and Crabtree on Bench.  Leave Celek in or subtitute one of the three guys?

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Bench Celek.  Vick is the QB.  I would start one of the WR - I lean towards Knox because the Bears will be throwing a lot, but I can see going with any of them.

faldor

faldor wrote:

Yeah I'd probably go with Knox too.  Although I DO plan on giving Crabtree another week in one league.  It's either him or Lee Evans, so I don't have much to go with there.  I also have Celek, as a starting TE on one team.  Who knows though, Vick loved throwing to Crumpler back in the day.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

I just don't love Vick throwing to anybody.  I think he'll be fine, but if he runs for 100 and throws for 200, how much do you want to bet on the TE (or anybody for that matter) getting a big chunk of the 200?  Sure, he might get a TD, but you can't play for that, you have to play for touches, which usually results in yardage and increased opportunities for TD.

faldor

faldor wrote:

I hear you.  I don't really like the prospects of Vick throwing the ball either.  I have Celek and D. Jackson in respective leagues and I'm not feeling too great about their chances this week.

slashsfro

slashsfro wrote:
faldor wrote:

I hear you.  I don't really like the prospects of Vick throwing the ball either.  I have Celek and D. Jackson in respective leagues and I'm not feeling too great about their chances this week.

I'm starting Deshaun Jackson only because the Lions secondary is pretty suspect and he is streaky.  On the MNF game, I'm avoiding Crabtree only because Greer and Porter are two underrated CBs.  That plus Alex Smith sucks.

In between the crappy Beanie Wells pick and CJ Spiller I'm pretty much stuck with Jahvid Best and Matt Forte (who I made the mistake of not starting) as my other RB.  I just hope that Peterson has a good game vs MIA.  He has only has one 100yd game in the last 8-9 games.  I also picked up Ahmad Bradshaw but he is sharing half the load with Jacobs and had most of the carries when the Giants were ahead.  I figure Best is playing on turf and against a weakened run d and Forte should be a good bet to get 100+ total yards.  Gives me a reason to watch CHI-DAL.

I'll probably go with Knox; thanks guys.

On Vince Young, they've been practicing with 3 WR/spread formations; I think they actually come out and pass a bunch on 1st downs and then do the usually running heavy offense.  I expect 200+yds and at least 1 td for Young.  So I think you'll be OK at QB.

Lee Evans and Mike Sims-Walker are kinda in the same boat.  They'll should get a bunch of receptions but will ultimately disappoint for different reasons.  Evans is stuck with the shitty o-line while Sims-Walker plays for a run first offense.

Well, anyway good luck guys!

slashsfro

slashsfro wrote:

Anyone else start Jahvid Best?  41 pts today and almost outscored my opponent.  I'm up by 100 points with opponent having Rivers, Andre Johnson, Gore, Steven Jackson, and Vernon Davis.  I got Gates and Austin Collie in late games.

Made some good decisions this week.  None of the bench guys produced.  I'm going to drop Brent Celek for someone else.

Faldor:  consider picking up Sam Bradford.  He'll get a ton of attempts and is the unquestioned QB starter there.  Schedule doesn't seem too difficult either.

Board footer