You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: 2010 Fantasy Football

buzzsaw wrote:

I only have 2 leagues I really care about ($$$), and I am the top seed with 1st rd byes in both leagues.  While bragging rights here would have been nice, money is nicer.  Good luck in the next rd.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I hear you.  Unfortunately, I have my best team in this "bragging rights" league. I failed to make the playoffs in one of my money leagues.  I barely made it in another one, though I do think that team is pretty good.  I survived the first round on the strength of MJD, McFadden, and Pitt D.  Unfortunately I had Kyle Orton get me negative points after getting 2 points last week.  That's enough of that.  Ryan Fitzpatrick is taking over in the semi-finals.

faldor

faldor wrote:

Okay, I need some thoughts on my QB situation in one of my leagues.  It's playoff time, semi-finals.  I had Kyle Orton start the last 2 weeks in MUST win games and he got me 2 points and negative points.  Somehow I survived both weeks.  I had Fitzpatrick as a backup, but he's leveled off of late and is going against a pretty solid Dolphins pass D.  I picked up Jason Campbell, who's home against Denver.  It appears the Broncos have packed it in, and the Raiders did kill them in Denver earlier in the year.  BUT, I also have McFadden, who will hopefully run wild against a porous Denver run defense.  So that could diminish Campbell's worth.  Another option would be to pick up Kerry Collins, who is going against the league's worst pass defense (Houston).  My only fear is that the Titans have packed it in as well, though Collins and the Titans DID look better in their last game against the Colts.

So what's it gonna be?  Collins, Campbell, Orton, Fitzpatrick?

And on a secondary note.  Which WR is the better play.  Sidney Rice with Joe Webb at QB outdoors in Minnesota against the Bears on Monday night or Brandon Marshall home against a very good pass defense (Buffalo)?

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Ugh.  I have the same problem.  I have Rodgers as my starter but he's out and I'm stuck with either Garrard or Kerry F Collins.  I'm going to roll with Kerry Collins only because I know he'll get some attempts vs the Texans.  I can't be too sure about either Garrard or Campbell because they both play in run heavy offenses (especially Garrard) and Campbell is inconsistent.  Collins last game was pretty good and he scored like 27.76 yahoo points in my league.  MIA defense is suddenly good and that probably limits Fitzpatrick upside.  Orton has leveled off the last two weeks and is no longer a must start.

On the WR note--I'd go with Marshall only because he might get a cheap td or two.  I have no clue who Joe Webb is and they'll probably feature Adrian Peterson and lean on the running game.

Fantasy D question--got both DAL and MIA.  Do I roll the dice on DAL vs Rex Grossman or go with MIA vs Buffalo?  I currently got MIA starting but could be swayed.

Gates is out for the rest of the regular season.  So I'm stuck starting Marcedes Lewis at TE this week and in the future.

faldor

faldor wrote:

I'd actually go with Dallas D.  Unless Rex Grossman has suddenly prospered into a much better QB.  He was quite kind to opposing defenses last I checked. 

I have Gates on that same team I was fishing for advice for too.  I picked up McMichael last week since his status was in doubt and started Randy.  Luckily I didn't need him, because he didn't offer much.  This week I picked up Owen Daniels and am rolling with him.  Lewis is a nice 2nd option though.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

lets go faldor you need more points.

i mean  come on woodhead hasn't even gone yet

faldor

faldor wrote:

Looks like I fell short yet again, losing by 3 points.  It would've been nice to get ONE field goal from my kicker.  2 PAT's didn't quite cut it.  2 lost fumbles didn't help the cause either.  Maybe I'll get a scoring change during the week to change the outcome.  Maybe not.

Congrats FlashFlood and good luck in the finals.  I lost in my other league this week too, so it looks like I have the dreaded 3rd place game in 2 leagues next week.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

not to rub it in but i benched hester once i had it locked up sunday night. took a knee, if you will.

faldor

faldor wrote:

Yeah I noticed that.  Not sure I would've gone that route.  God forbid there IS a scoring change, though it's highly unlikely that I'd gain 3 points somehow.  It's also highly unlikely though that a WR would give you negative 3 points in a week.  It just seemed like you were playing it a little too safe there.

Either way, you beat me, and best of luck in the championship.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I ended up losing because of Ray Rice and his 34 fantasy points or whatever it was that and TO got a big 0.  My flex option only had 1 point too.

I have to play the 3rd place game this week which stinks because I was dominating my league.  I had racked up like close to 12 wins which was 5 more than the 2nd place guy.

Board footer