You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: 2010 Fantasy Football

faldor wrote:

Nice, welcome to the league.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

wow, 12 people...how many did we have last year?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I'm signing up today.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

faldor capped the league at 14 teams max so someone else should sign up as well smile either from here or HTGTH

faldor

faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:

faldor capped the league at 14 teams max so someone else should sign up as well smile either from here or HTGTH

I can change that, but yeah we would need an even number of teams.  Where's CommunistChina?  He's been in the league 2 years running.  I don't see him around here anymore.  We had 14 teams last year.  misterID is a new entrant this season.  Last year CC was in, Tommie, and FlashFlood I think.  Not sure if any of those guys want to join again.

I found another possible way to run waivers.  Let me know what you guys think.  I think I prefer the way it's set up now, but this could get interesting.

In a Free Agents Acquisition Budgets (FAAB) waivers system, each manager receives a dollar amount to place blind bids on waived players. The manager with the highest bid at the end of the waiver period claims that player and that bid amount is deducted from the team's acquisition budget. If multiple managers place an equal bid on a player, tiebreak options are available as described above.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

is there a way to have a salary cap? that would be cool....dunno if everyone would be into it though

but i've never been a fan of limited waiver aquisitions...i was in a yahoo hockey pool one year and they capped the waiver thing...and i had a terrible string of bad luck with injuries and ran out of waiver moves by mid season...that sucked

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

i just signed up

faldor

faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:

is there a way to have a salary cap? that would be cool....dunno if everyone would be into it though

but i've never been a fan of limited waiver aquisitions...i was in a yahoo hockey pool one year and they capped the waiver thing...and i had a terrible string of bad luck with injuries and ran out of waiver moves by mid season...that sucked

Not the way yahoo runs things, as far as I know.  The "salary cap" would be strictly used for just waivers.  I'm not sure what the limit would be.  I'm in a baseball league right now where we're using this system, but I have never used it.  I haven't picked one guy up on waivers, I usually just wait till they become free agents.  Football would be different, as the waiver wire is used more frequently. 

I'm fine with how things are now, but if enough people would rather have the blind bidding process I can change it.

Thanks to FlashFlood for joining.  If bigbri joins later on that'll give us an even 14.  If anyone else wants to join after that, unfortunately they'd need to find someone else to join as well because the league needs an even number of teams.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

one year i was in a Hockey pool where everything ran on a stock exchange kinda system....each player had a certain amount of shares and based on how many shares you owned of a particular player you would get more points etc...was very cool but very time consuming

faldor

faldor wrote:

I was in a football league like that one year too and I kind of liked it, but I've never done one since.  We'll just stick to the basics.

Board footer