You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: 2010 Fantasy Football

Neemo wrote:

1. (1) Chris Johnson 
2. (28) Tony Romo 
3. (29) Marques Colston 
4. (56) Jason Witten 
5. (57) Michael Crabtree 
6. (84) Minnesota 
7. (85) Marion Barber 
8. (112) Brandon Jacobs 
9. (113) Steve Breaston 
10. (140) Ryan Longwell 
11. (141) Alex Smith 
12. (168) Kevin Walter 
13. (169) Leon Washington 
14. (196) Derrick Ward

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

Really, really kicking myself for not grabbing Ryan Mathews and Javid Best when I had the chance.

Took a huge risk with Mike Williams (TB), but I really think that kid is going to be a star.

I'm not sure I did the right thing by drafting LT, but he's looked so good in preseason, and he's got a better running O-Line this year and is sharing the load with Shonne Green, who'll batter up the defense to let him run wild in the latter part of games. At least that's what I'm trying to convince myself with.

I'm not playing in this particular game but am active in another FF game but I think you did great with Mike Williams (TB).  I think he had a 53 yd reception last night and on a team where there is no real dominant wideout, he seems like a good pick to get some catches.

He's available on the Waiver wire and I'm thinking about dumping Vincent Jackson.

I snagged Best since Kevin Smith is coming off an injury and there isn't really any other option.  You're a Dolphins fan right?  I grabbed Ronnie Brown later and am thinking about starting him.

Neemo wrote:

1. (1) Chris Johnson 
2. (28) Tony Romo 
3. (29) Marques Colston 
4. (56) Jason Witten 
5. (57) Michael Crabtree 
6. (84) Minnesota 
7. (85) Marion Barber 
8. (112) Brandon Jacobs 
9. (113) Steve Breaston 
10. (140) Ryan Longwell 
11. (141) Alex Smith 
12. (168) Kevin Walter 
14. (196) Derrick Ward

Doesn't look half bad.  Only caveats are that Derrick Ward might be cut (or have his carries reduced) and Breaston's production is tied to the QB situation which looks shaky now.

I'd say that the RB's past Johnson look suspect but Johnson will cancel all those critcisms out.  Crabtree is a pretty nice pick; I think you did well with that pick; the Barber pick has the potential for a bunch of cheap short yardage tds; ditto with Jacobs.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Can It Get Worse?
1.    (6)    Michael Turner
2.    (23)    Miles Austin
3.    (34)    LeSean McCoy
4.    (51)    Jermichael Finley
5.    (62)    Jay Cutler
6.    (79)    Terrell Owens
7.    (90)    Santonio Holmes
8.    (107)    Thomas Jones
9.    (118)    Montario Hardesty
10.    (135)    Donovan McNabb
11.    (146)    Austin Collie
12.    (163)    Robbie Gould
13.    (174)    Chicago
14.    (191)    Toby Gerhart

The draft didn't go exactly the way I hoped it would - got stuck at the end of a QB run and was playing catch up the rest of the way.  Not thrilled, but drafted some upside guys in the middle of the draft.  I will be playing the waiver wire, that's for sure.  Walked away from the draft only set at TE...not where I want to be.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

derrick ward was a mistake...i happened to have my curser on him when i timed out 17 was hoping to take a wideout on my last pick...itsgets hard at the endthough...and the 1st pick sucks...you end upwaiting forever to get your next one, still my 1st 6 are alright, thn ikinda went sideways...still barbr and jacobs has the potential to be alright...i was hoping to handcuff eiter one othose guys with their counterparts...didnt an out though, tooko a lonshot on leon washington....but maybe he can rebound and take over the seahawk backfeild, who knows, i tend to be pretty active on the waiver wire so i anticipate alot of turnover, hopefully min wrks out asa solid defensive point getter for me.....i drafted DEF a bit higher than i have previous years  but the Jets were taken earlier in rnd 5 and i didnt want to mss out, 28 picks later hmm

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

and i wanted to take brady for my QB, but i dont like to draft players from team i root for....

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:

and i wanted to take brady for my QB, but i dont like to draft players from team i root for....

I try not to "overrate" the players from teams I root for either but I went with Brady anyway.  I think you made my decision easier by taking Romo a couple spots beforehand.  And you screwed me on 2 picks during the draft.  I was all set to take Crabtree and Breaston, but you snagged them right before my eyes.  You bastard! 14

I also got screwed on my TE.  I planned on drafting a TE much earlier than the 12th round but the guys I was targeting kept getting taken before my turn.  THEN, it got to the point where 13 TE's were off the board.  At that point I figured I could wait, seeing as how it's a 14 team league.  Nobody drafts a backup TE.  Well, except for teams that are autodrafting! Zach Miller went, then Chris Cooley.  So I got stuck with Todd Heap.  Hopefully he can stay healthy or else I'll be switching TE's on a frequent basis, per usual.

I think I like my team.  At least it seems better than the team I drafted earlier this week.  I took a chance on Percy Harvin on BOTH teams though.  Hopefully his migraine issue isn't a big deal.  And what's up with Vincent Jackson?  Is he gonna play this year?  I took him in the middle rounds, I believe after Neemo stole Breaston from my clutches.  Figured it was worth a shot, considering what was left at the time.

I modified the schedules a bit, so check that out if you'd like.  I made it so every team in the HTGTH division plays every other HTGTH team twice, and play 3 GNRevo members.  And the GNRevo teams all play each other at least once, 4 teams twice, and 3 HTGTH teams.  Except for Zed's Dead and FlashFlood.  They play 3 GNRevo teams twice and play 4 HTGTH teams.  Week 10 is rivalry week.  Whatever the hell that means.  I put all intra-divisional battles for that week.

Here's my squad.

1.    (3)    Maurice Jones-Drew
2.    (26)    DeSean Jackson
3.    (31)    Tom Brady
4.    (54)    Felix Jones
5.    (59)    Percy Harvin
6.    (82)    Robert Meachem
7.    (87)    Lee Evans
8.    (110)    Ahmad Bradshaw
9.    (115)    Vincent Jackson
10.    (138)    Steve Slaton
11.    (143)    Braylon Edwards
12.    (166)    Todd Heap
13.    (171)    Miami
14.    (194)    Dan Carpenter

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

strange, I got a few of these players too.  Mine is a six team league though.  I think I got Jackson at the exact same spot (26).  I'm worried about the injury issues a little.  Lee Evans looks like he could be a steal though.  I drafted Meachem too, although I just took a flyer on him.  I snagged Vincent Jackson but I can afford to keep him on the bench for a little while.  Rumors are that the Seahawks are interested in dealing for him; he's serving a 3 game regular season suspension so you'll have to use bench him anyway.

The TE situation looks bad.  I think the Ravens drafted two TE this year.  Go waiver wire hunting on that position.  Heap's getting old and chronically injured.  There has to be a better TE option on the WW.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Only made a handful of picks myself in the middle, I don't like my team but we'll see what happens.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

strange, I got a few of these players too.  Mine is a six team league though.  I think I got Jackson at the exact same spot (26).  I'm worried about the injury issues a little.  Lee Evans looks like he could be a steal though.  I drafted Meachem too, although I just took a flyer on him.  I snagged Vincent Jackson but I can afford to keep him on the bench for a little while.  Rumors are that the Seahawks are interested in dealing for him; he's serving a 3 game regular season suspension so you'll have to use bench him anyway.

The TE situation looks bad.  I think the Ravens drafted two TE this year.  Go waiver wire hunting on that position.  Heap's getting old and chronically injured.  There has to be a better TE option on the WW.

There may be, but it won't be much better.  Honestly what league has 16 TE's drafted?  And I got #16.

Sorry, I just checked.  There were actually 25 TE's taken in our draft.  That has to be an all time record.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

Really, really kicking myself for not grabbing Ryan Mathews and Javid Best when I had the chance.

Took a huge risk with Mike Williams (TB), but I really think that kid is going to be a star.

I'm not sure I did the right thing by drafting LT, but he's looked so good in preseason, and he's got a better running O-Line this year and is sharing the load with Shonne Green, who'll batter up the defense to let him run wild in the latter part of games. At least that's what I'm trying to convince myself with.

I'm not playing in this particular game but am active in another FF game but I think you did great with Mike Williams (TB).  I think he had a 53 yd reception last night and on a team where there is no real dominant wideout, he seems like a good pick to get some catches.

He's available on the Waiver wire and I'm thinking about dumping Vincent Jackson.

I snagged Best since Kevin Smith is coming off an injury and there isn't really any other option.  You're a Dolphins fan right?  I grabbed Ronnie Brown later and am thinking about starting him.

Neemo wrote:

1. (1) Chris Johnson 
2. (28) Tony Romo 
3. (29) Marques Colston 
4. (56) Jason Witten 
5. (57) Michael Crabtree 
6. (84) Minnesota 
7. (85) Marion Barber 
8. (112) Brandon Jacobs 
9. (113) Steve Breaston 
10. (140) Ryan Longwell 
11. (141) Alex Smith 
12. (168) Kevin Walter 
14. (196) Derrick Ward

Doesn't look half bad.  Only caveats are that Derrick Ward might be cut (or have his carries reduced) and Breaston's production is tied to the QB situation which looks shaky now.

I'd say that the RB's past Johnson look suspect but Johnson will cancel all those critcisms out.  Crabtree is a pretty nice pick; I think you did well with that pick; the Barber pick has the potential for a bunch of cheap short yardage tds; ditto with Jacobs.

Brown is awesome in the Wildcat. It's like he was made for that offense. Yeah, V. Jackson may not even play this season.

Board footer