You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: 2010 Fantasy Football

Neemo wrote:

i picked up smith....lots of the fantasy football analysists seem to think he will have breakout year finally....henne could be good or bad, hard to say

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Yeah I kind of like Henne.  I know he'll at the least LIGHT UP the Patriots twice this season.  So I could start him those two games.  I also have Brandon Marshall on that team so I could double dip potentially.  On the same lines I have Michael Crabtree as well, so the same would apply with Alex Smith. 

All that IF Kolb doesn't work out.  The one thing, I think the Eagles are a pretty smart organization so I'd like to think they know what they're doing.  If they thought he wasn't a downgrade from McNabb, then I trust them.  I think. 18

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

From top to botton on the qbs

Henne--added Marshall and got rid of stone hands ginn; he's probably the best of the bunch here.

Alex Smith--has a good rb, good te, and a good young wr.  They also revamped the OL adding Iupati and Davis during the draft.  He showed some promise during 2006(or 2007, forget which year it was) and got injured the following year.  It's up to him otherwise they'll be looking for a qb if he bombs out

Vince Young--homer alert.  He's looked good this year in preseason.  He worked on throwing to his left in the offseason and that seems to have helped.  He'll be facing a lot of eight man fronts this year and has a good ol.  He'll give you some rushing yards as well.  TE note--keep an eye on Craig Stevens this year; he could get a bunch of catches this year

Garrard--hard to know what to make of him.  Sims-Walker and MJD are great offensive players.  Garrard had a great 3rd down conversion rate a few years ago;  don't know what happened to him last year. 

Cassell--He could bounce back with Chambers and Bowe, and Charles + Jones in the backfield.

Hasselbeck--looked awful last year.  No real playmakers at WR; rookie OT okung out for a few games.  Houshmanzadeh will probably be cut.

Freeman--showed some signs late last year; but he's only in his second year.  Probably the best upside of the lower group

Campbell--ugh offensive talent in OAK is not good.  He took too many sacks as a redskin last year too.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

there are rumors that oakland is looking at leinhart as well

slashsfro

slashsfro wrote:
Neemo wrote:

He's gonna get cut anyway.  I wouldn't bother giving up a draft pick for him.

Montario Hardesty of the Browns tore an acl and is out for the year.  Buzzsaw has him on his FF team.  Time to pick up another rb buzz.

faldor

faldor wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
Neemo wrote:

He's gonna get cut anyway.  I wouldn't bother giving up a draft pick for him.

Montario Hardesty of the Browns tore an acl and is out for the year.  Buzzsaw has him on his FF team.  Time to pick up another rb buzz.

Yeah, I have him in the league I'm looking at QB's in.  Looks like I know who to drop now.  Darren McFadden will live another day on my roster.  Thanks for the insight by the way.  I think I'll go with Henne.  VY is intriguing, especially with the rushing yards/TD's.  I'll be keeping a close eye on him, among others.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

last night was not as productive for me as i would have liked sad

redarmy76
 Rep: 5 

redarmy76 wrote:

It's going to be interesting on Sunday Neemo, you've got some work to do, and I've gotta hope my guys play as expected

slashsfro

slashsfro wrote:
Neemo wrote:

last night was not as productive for me as i would have liked sad

I had Peterson and he did not have the game I expected.  19 car 87 yds is ok but when my opponent has Chris Johnson on his team that was bad for me.  I don't know why the Vikings kept on throwing the ball in the 2nd half; at some point Favre was 0-7 in that half.

Hope none of you guys drafted Garret Hartley.

faldor

faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:

Okay, I'll post this again:

Ricky is a good choice, but with Brandon Marshall on the team they'll probably air it out a whole lot more so Ricky's numbers will probably be down this year.

Percy will be Favre's #1 target with Rice out. I heard the VIKES are trying to make a trade for Vincent Jackson, but for right now, I'd go with Percy over Ricky.

The rumor is all the teams are going to be blitzing the hell out of Favre and keeping everyone up at the line for run defense. That's what they did last year too. And Favre ate them up.

And I stayed away from the Cowboys completely on my draft.

Thanks a lot man!!!

Should've rolled with Ricky.  I do think Harvin will be a better play down the line, but it looks like it's going to take some time for that offense to get in sync.  I had Harvin go for me on 2 teams last night and that didn't work out so well.  Although I'm playing Drew Brees in one league and he didn't do too much last night.  Really wasn't a big fantasy game.  Pierre Thomas and Visante Shiancoe had nice games, but aside from that, not quite what you expected in a fantasy sense, or reality.

Board footer