You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: 2010 Fantasy Football

Neemo wrote:

what a crock of shit 14

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Jesus... Everyone on my team decided to suck. THANK YOU!!!!!

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Better than blowing your load in week one.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

One of my teams this week failed to crack the 50 point barrier, and my QB had 20 of those points.  Had to be my worst week ever, if not THE worst week in history.  Nobody outside of my QB had a TD or more than 7 points.  Just awful.  I guess there's nowhere to go but up.

I lost to D in our league by less than a point.  If only Heap didn't drop that TD pass, OR got up and lunged an extra yard after that long pass he hauled in.  On the bright side, it looks like I squeaked out a win by .08 points in a money league thanks to Antonio Gates last reception last night.  Hopefully the score holds.  I've gotten burned before.  That's the team I had Kolb starting though.  So to even be in the game when your QB gets 1 point is fortunate.  As for Kolb, I did pick up Henne before Sunday so I have him in my lineup right now but he wasn't all that great this week and next week has a tough matchup at the Vikings.  I could pick up Vick and start whoever gets the nod for the Eagles, but I'm not too thrilled with that idea.  V. Young, A. Smith, Campbell, D. Anderson, Delhomme are some options.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I'm in last place in my league it is not fun at all.  CJ Spiller and Michael Crabtree both burned me big time.

Ryan Grant just got put on IR by the Packers.  Brandon Jackson is the starting RB now; I'd also monitor who they bring in.

I'd go with Young at QB; he'll get some chances this week vs PIT.  They'll focus on stopping CJ.  Only negative is if they get a lead Fisher will run to burn off clock and that'll bump down his stats.  Could get some nice rush yds  too.  To be fair I don't think he'll hit the 30 td pass total since this is a Jeff Fisher based run offense.  His upside is the 2001-2003 McNair year totals.  Something like 20+ pass Td and some rush yards and 5 td rushing.

D. Anderson didn't do too bad fantasy wise.  The rest are pretty much avoid although I guess there's a chance that Alex Smith turns it around.

faldor

faldor wrote:

Yeah Anderson intrigues me a little, just with having Fitzgerald on his side.  Should've gone with Vince last week.  Maybe now is the time.

I heard the Pats traded Maroney, but didn't get any details.  About Brandon Jackson.  I'm in a league that uses a auction system for waivers.  You get $100 for the season.  I'd imagine quite a few bids will be placed on Jackson.  I could use some help for my team that couldn't break 50 points this week.  I have Rice, Stewart, R. Williams, B. Scott, and F. Taylor as my current RB's.  Question is how much do I bid?  I was thinking $15.  Is that sufficient?

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Maroney got traded to DEN for a 2011 draft pick swap.  NE gets a 4th rounder(??? how) and DEN gets NE 6th rounder.  Why the fuck do teams trade with NE?  They always seem to get ripped off.  Also, why does DEN like to give away draft picks, especially in the McDaniels era?  4th rounder for a guy who was buried on the depth chart.

I'd go $20.  Depends how much play you think F. Taylor will get in the RBBC in NE.  Rice is hurt by Magahee vulturing his tds.  Stewart/R. Williams are both in RBBC.  I think you have to just wait and be patient and see how those situations unfold.

I have the same shitty problem with my wideouts.  Drafted waay too many young WR's.  Crabtree, Calvin J, Desean Jackson all killed me this week.  Would have been nice if I got that last second CJ td.  I've got Johnny Knox, Mike Sims Walker on the bench and I think I'm going to start one of those guys in place of Crabtee.  I claimed Austin Collie on waivers but I'm not sure I'll get him.  I'm thinking about making a play for Nate Washington.  The other Titan WRs stink (Britt especially--he also has baby momma trouble) and Washington had a fair amount of targets in the red zone last year.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Buzz totally schooled me.

Fucking Johnathan Stewart killed me.

And I hate Aaron Rodgers.

This is going to be a long ass season.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
faldor wrote:

One of my teams this week failed to crack the 50 point barrier, and my QB had 20 of those points.  Had to be my worst week ever, if not THE worst week in history.  Nobody outside of my QB had a TD or more than 7 points.  Just awful.  I guess there's nowhere to go but up.

I lost to D in our league by less than a point.  If only Heap didn't drop that TD pass, OR got up and lunged an extra yard after that long pass he hauled in.  On the bright side, it looks like I squeaked out a win by .08 points in a money league thanks to Antonio Gates last reception last night.  Hopefully the score holds.  I've gotten burned before.  That's the team I had Kolb starting though.  So to even be in the game when your QB gets 1 point is fortunate.  As for Kolb, I did pick up Henne before Sunday so I have him in my lineup right now but he wasn't all that great this week and next week has a tough matchup at the Vikings.  I could pick up Vick and start whoever gets the nod for the Eagles, but I'm not too thrilled with that idea.  V. Young, A. Smith, Campbell, D. Anderson, Delhomme are some options.

OMG i was sick watching that game. cause I had Forte starting till 12:55 and put Harrison in last minute.

They may come back to bite me sitting Forte cause last year i lost a tie break due to having low points.

faldor

faldor wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

Maroney got traded to DEN for a 2011 draft pick swap.  NE gets a 4th rounder(??? how) and DEN gets NE 6th rounder.  Why the fuck do teams trade with NE?  They always seem to get ripped off.  Also, why does DEN like to give away draft picks, especially in the McDaniels era?  4th rounder for a guy who was buried on the depth chart.

I'd go $20.  Depends how much play you think F. Taylor will get in the RBBC in NE.  Rice is hurt by Magahee vulturing his tds.  Stewart/R. Williams are both in RBBC.  I think you have to just wait and be patient and see how those situations unfold.

I have the same shitty problem with my wideouts.  Drafted waay too many young WR's.  Crabtree, Calvin J, Desean Jackson all killed me this week.  Would have been nice if I got that last second CJ td.  I've got Johnny Knox, Mike Sims Walker on the bench and I think I'm going to start one of those guys in place of Crabtee.  I claimed Austin Collie on waivers but I'm not sure I'll get him.  I'm thinking about making a play for Nate Washington.  The other Titan WRs stink (Britt especially--he also has baby momma trouble) and Washington had a fair amount of targets in the red zone last year.

I think F. Taylor will get the bulk of the carries for the Pats as long as he stays healthy.  He's the clear #1 back for them.  BUT, they're an extremely pass heavy team AND Taylor is bound to get hurt sometime this season.  So I think Jackson would be more valuable.  The committees are killing me.  Don't know why I bothered with Stewart.  It was my first draft of the season, so I'll blame it on that.

I have a lot of those WR's you mentioned too, none of which did much of anything.  Washington did have a nice game and I was looking at him in a few leagues, but again the Titans are just so committed to the run I don't know how many looks he'll get.  But, if he is Vince's guy, then that can't be a bad thing.

Board footer