You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: Rome, Italy - September 4, 2010 (Palalottomatica)

jamester wrote:

Imma say 45 mins late as a final word and a media report of 2 hrs late w a 69% chance of chaos & disaster followed with a brief period of awesomeness!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The good bet would be that they'd be early.

There would have to be like 1:1,000 odds on that. It'd pay off pretty big.

Normally I'd say there's no way Axl will bow to anyone, but I think he actually did last night.  He obviously didn't want to continue after he left the stage but was forced to go out there and finish up.  That's the first time I can remember him doing something seemingly against his will.  MAYBE he'd be coerced into going on a LITTLE earlier to avoid the nonsense.  Because the boos, bad press, and piss bottle throwing is getting worse with each gig.  And I don't really think he wants that.  But who knows.  I also find it hard to imagine that he'd change the way he's done things since the band really rose to fame.

Maybe... I personally think alot of that 'forcing Axl' stuff started in 2006. I remember some of the initial shows of the NA tour sold poorly, and I have no doubt Axl wanted to blow off those 3,000 attended shows out in the sticks. I don't care what anyone says, those moments HAD to be a blow to his ego. He left European festivals and 75,000 people, for that.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Normally I'd say there's no way Axl will bow to anyone, but I think he actually did last night.  He obviously didn't want to continue after he left the stage but was forced to go out there and finish up.  That's the first time I can remember him doing something seemingly against his will.  MAYBE he'd be coerced into going on a LITTLE earlier to avoid the nonsense.  Because the boos, bad press, and piss bottle throwing is getting worse with each gig.  And I don't really think he wants that.  But who knows.  I also find it hard to imagine that he'd change the way he's done things since the band really rose to fame.

Maybe... I personally think alot of that 'forcing Axl' stuff started in 2006. I remember some of the initial shows of the NA tour sold poorly, and I have no doubt Axl wanted to blow off those 3,000 attended shows out in the sticks. I don't care what anyone says, those moments HAD to be a blow to his ego. He left European festivals and 75,000 people, for that.

That might be true but in Dublin it was painfully obvious he didn't want to be there anymore and he wasn't trying to hide it.  There weren't any visible indications of that during the 2006 tour that I remember.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

I hope this is fucking huge

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
faldor wrote:

That might be true but in Dublin it was painfully obvious he didn't want to be there anymore and he wasn't trying to hide it.  There weren't any visible indications of that during the 2006 tour that I remember.

Ah, I see what you're saying. Him being visably upset, yeah I only remember that during like the last LA show where someone threw a bottle on stage and he got pissed.

The visably upset stuff seemed to have much more of an appearence in 2002 rather than 2006. Which is not shocking that alot of the people are currently comparing the present situation with 2002.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

47990_434379204795_579224795_4901502_998199_n.jpg

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Wow bumblefoot is fuckin hairy

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Normally I'd say there's no way Axl will bow to anyone, but I think he actually did last night.  He obviously didn't want to continue after he left the stage but was forced to go out there and finish up.  That's the first time I can remember him doing something seemingly against his will.

I agree. It's obvious that Axl forced himself to go back (a few hours later tongue) and finish the show, otherwise the tour would have been done. The whole tour.

My bet is they'll be on the stage just on time to 'show the world' that they are 'great guys' and some other people are to blame. That's why he managed to hit the stage on time in Belfast.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

yeah i say Rome crowd will be a love crowd and won't be ruthless and boo etc.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Normally I'd say there's no way Axl will bow to anyone, but I think he actually did last night.  He obviously didn't want to continue after he left the stage but was forced to go out there and finish up.  That's the first time I can remember him doing something seemingly against his will.

I agree. It's obvious that Axl forced himself to go back (a few hours later tongue) and finish the show, otherwise the tour would have been done. The whole tour.

My bet is they'll be on the stage just on time to 'show the world' that they are 'great guys' and some other people are to blame. That's why he managed to hit the stage on time in Glasgow.

When did GN'R play Glasgow?

Board footer