You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Former Manager Alan Niven Talks Guns N' Roses, Great White, VR, Slash

Sky Dog wrote:

pre Nov 1991-band.......post Nov 1991-Ax'ls Orchestra

johndivney wrote:

i think i'd travel back to '92 tbh - maybe catch one of the shows izzy played w/them thqt year (did he or is my history confused?) that just seemed like the most mad time in GnR land, an especially fucked up vintage that years live incarnation.
farm aid is prob the sheer coolest they ever were.
then '87 or aerosmith support would be my next stop.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

the horns and background singers were apparently slash's ideas

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
johndivney wrote:

i think i'd travel back to '92 tbh - maybe catch one of the shows izzy played w/them thqt year (did he or is my history confused?) that just seemed like the most mad time in GnR land, an especially fucked up vintage that years live incarnation.

gilby got hurt and Izzy came back for a few gigs....but not sure if that was 91, 92 or 93 i dotn recall exactly when Izzy left

johndivney wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i thought they were axl's idea but that slash was responsible for hiring & arranging them.. think i need 2 re-read my GnR history books..

johndivney wrote:
Neemo wrote:
johndivney wrote:

gilby got hurt and Izzy came back for a few gigs....but not sure if that was 91, 92 or 93 i dotn recall exactly when Izzy left

think it was around this time duff gave gilby a new car in exchange for a shirt gilby was wearing 9

Sky Dog wrote:

Izzy left in November 1991. After that, you had multiple paid employees touring and recording...Matt, Dizzy, and Gilby plus the other riff raff.

Legally though, the Gnr Partnership (Slash-Duff-Axl) did not formally dissolve until May 1998.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:
johndivney wrote:

It was in 1993 during the European leg that Izzy came back to sub for Gilby who was injured.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I don't think they were, I thought they were Axl's ideas and Slash just found the people for those roles.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

This guy really gonna try to even half way say Great White would have Bon Jovi's success if Jack had Jon's business acumen and face?

GTFO

Great White were a terrible fucking band.. That's why they never caught fire........ oh shit. no pun intended

Board footer