You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: from mister saint laurent

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
madagas wrote:

thanks...either way...meh. Who the fuck would pay $ for that?

So what's your take on it....Live Era or 99 AFD?

Definitely agree with Madagas. If Axl ever released this stuff "for money officially" he would be laughed at even more. I could see it as a bonus CD for a new album or in a box set, but absolutely nothing more than that. Only listened to the clip a couple times, but it came across to me as AFD with the balls missing. Really sounds neutered.

It personally sounds like 99 AFD to me. Live Era sounds like more of an original live performance, that was tweaked with the 99 AFD masters, but not fully. Particularly Axl's vocals. I think the instrumentation was most noticeably tweaked with Sweet Child O' Mine, and that's probably because the song was released on the soundtrack to a big film. You know how paranoid Axl is about how stuff sounds.

Either way, thanks to you and Neemo.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Don't know if this is '99 AFD or Live Era, but it has made me listen to the original AFD for the first time in years. Cheers for posting the samples smile

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Live Era.

Although, judging from the way Axl pasted his old Catcher vocals over the top of the new version, it is possible the re-recorded vocals used in Live Era have been lifted from the so called re-recorded Appetite.

But didnt Axl say that it was nothing more than a DAT tape ? I dont think this 99 AFD really exists in an album form, it just rehearsals of the then new band captured on tape.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Go on then, ping us a PM...

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Raise your gaze wink

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Cheers m'dears. It's... interesting. More like the actual AFD I was expecting, given the differences between the original SCOM and the Big Daddy version. I suppose we'd have to hear a solo to pick up on the real differences.

JIP
 Rep: 10 

JIP wrote:

rocket queen and nightrain are live era clips remastered by smn IMO
still cool though

Sky Dog wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
madagas wrote:

thanks...either way...meh. Who the fuck would pay $ for that?

So what's your take on it....Live Era or 99 AFD?

James, I really can't tell...Thanks for the clips though. 19

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Instrumentation sounds live to me...although as said above - that could be cos it's a dat tape and not properly mixed etc. I also think the cuts are suspicious....cuts off right before moments in the song that could be tell tale which version it came from.....my guess is fake made to get something else.

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:

mix sounds odd like not together. vocals sound like live era. if thats re recorded appetite demo or not i am not impressed. i know this is opinion but feels alot like fact. nothing will top what was the 1987 released original appetite. don't care who plays on it. original members or anyone else.

Board footer