You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

Re: London, England – October 14th, 2010 (O2 Arena)

mickronson wrote:

DJ and Fortus maybe, but to recreate Slash, sorry you are quite ill, you need help.  He`s good, but I wouldn't call him the human dictaphone...

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
mickronson wrote:

DJ and Fortus maybe, but to recreate Slash, sorry you are quite ill, you need help.  He`s good, but I wouldn't call him the human dictaphone...

He's been recreating Slash perfectly for the past year all over the world. And I guarantee there were some casual fans who when to the shows, saw Ron and thought "Slash got his hair straightened"

Don't get me wrong it's not a dig at slash. he has a great sound very signature and even when he's just jamming it shines through, no one could ever recreate that.

As for learning a slash solo note for note tone for tone off a record...well.. It ain't rocket science

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

ron is also a great rhythm player than anyone else in teh mix, if izzy said no

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Good points. And alot of people have to realize Axl holds all the cards, always. He has no problem selling shows internationally, and if he decides he wants Ron to take the reigns on a reunion-directed GN'R, it's his call to make. Who's gonna stop him? No one.

Slash is. Because without slash a reunion aint worth shit.

The idea of a "reunion-directed" GNR without slash is a misnomer. I don't care if you have Duff, Steven and Izzy holding hands and skipping...the media and the general public will NOT consider it a proper renuion, sure they will all like it....we love those guys...but it is NOT a reunion until you see slash in the fuckin hat holding up that guitar, and Axl standing right beside him screaming into that mike. Any other type of reunion is a fun cameo but not a reunion.

As for the new band, I have the deepest respect for ron, he's insanely kickass on the guitar, can play pretty much anything it seems,  and well, I can rant about that for hours. But at the end of the day he is who he is, and you can play in someone else's style but you can't *be* that person. Likewise bucket could play ron's solo albums but it would*never* quite be the same as Ron playing them cos it's just not the same human being behind the wheel.

Which isn't a critism...i love what the current GNR line up is going, and i'm hanging to see them in december, i'm just saying, if you want a reunion..you can't be putting the current guys in the band...cos a reunion is about 1987.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

All about 1987. It's fun in a Kiss-sort of way, but doesn't really appeal to me in regards of the future. To be a GNR fan and not really want a reunion may sound crazy in many peoples ears, and while I am not against it, I am reluctant to it based on what's been going on. I just feel it's too late for it now. Too late to pick up the pieces and become a 2010 band with a 1987 line-up. It will be all about nostalgia, and while I dig nostalgia on some issues, GNR is not in one of them.

Feel free now to call me whatever.

I would welcome it, but I'm not really asking for it.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

I agree with DCK 100 percent.
I want new music more than I want a reunion.

Whatever line-up gives us the best chance of new music has my vote.

If that is a reunited gnr.....so be it

Sky Dog wrote:

agree....

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I agree that GN'R needs Slash, regardless. I love the guy, but I understand Axl's stance too. It's a long shot.

I just don't feel Axl, and we as fans, should shut out the possibility of Izzy, Duff & Steven back in Guns, just for slash. I'd rather have 4/5 or 3/5 than 1/5 or 2 if you wanna count Dizzy.

I'm selfish, I want it all. I want new albums more than anything, but I want the old band AND new band to collaborate.

It's pure fanboyism, but I actually do get excited by the thought of a old/new GN'R merger. Slash, Ron and Izzy on stage, or Duff & Tommy, or Frank & Steven. I like the hell out of that. It would probably be too many chef's in the kitchen, but i'd enjoy seeing them all work in the studio too. If Axl wasn't such a primadonna about his material, he'd just let those guys write, he handle the lyrics and melodies, and with that many employees, you could pump out a GN'R album once a year. Not to mention the countless GN'R songs that could be led by Ron, Izzy, Duff & Tommy vocally, letting Axl do something instrumentally.

mav
 Rep: 0 

mav wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

It's pure fanboyism, but I actually do get excited by the thought of a old/new GN'R merger. Slash, Ron and Izzy on stage, or Duff & Tommy, or Frank & Steven. I like the hell out of that. It would probably be too many chef's in the kitchen, but i'd enjoy seeing them all work in the studio too. If Axl wasn't such a primadonna about his material, he'd just let those guys write, he handle the lyrics and melodies, and with that many employees, you could pump out a GN'R album once a year. Not to mention the countless GN'R songs that could be led by Ron, Izzy, Duff & Tommy vocally, letting Axl do something instrumentally.

That would totally float my boat. Im with you guys on the fact that seeing a reunion would be awesome, but also I am dying to hear what didnt make it onto CD this time round, new music with the new band. Or whoever for that matter.

Duff coming on stage has given more legitimacy to the new band, while also giving a nod to the past. That I like.

This whole debate is cementing in my mind the fact that it would be so great if GnR could be a revolving door of the guys old and new, all putting in pieces to make epic tracks and an epic live show.  With Axl at the helm running the whole damn thing.  It could be as grand as Axl envisages, and give everyone a piece of the pie.

Board footer