You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: London, England – October 14th, 2010 (O2 Arena)

bigbri wrote:
russtcb wrote:
war wrote:

I agree with DCK 100 percent.
I want new music more than I want a reunion.

Whatever line-up gives us the best chance of new music has my vote.

If that is a reunited gnr.....so be it

This. My stance at this point is "whichever Guns N' Roses puts out new music first is the Guns N' Roses I want"

This is all i've ever wanted. I don't think a reunited lineup gives us that, which is why I've been anti-reunion. I want to look forward, not back.

If the reunited GNR recorded something new, I'd be happy to have been wrong. But I don't see that happening.

Sky Dog wrote:

Slash isn't going to magically make Axl release new music. I'm afraid no one can at this point. For whatever reason, he is obviously way too self conscious about it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I really thought the 2010 band and the magic they seem to have on stage would really convince him.

He still hasn't seemed to budge, unless there's something going on behind the scenes we haven't heard.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
madagas wrote:

Slash isn't going to magically make Axl release new music. I'm afraid no one can at this point. For whatever reason, he is obviously way too self conscious about it.

Yeah that's the problem.  Anything that has purely Axl running the show, whether that be NuGNR or a reunion with screwed up terms favouring Axl is not going to be a good recipe for new material.

The whole long Chi Dem saga shows that you cannot give Axl sole control.  But then even a reunion on equitable terms is probably gonna struggle.  There is just something about Axl's being that means he is going to labour over every minute detail to the point of stupidity.  Then if he doesn't like something, isn't getting his own way or doesn't want to do something he will just dig his heels in or throw a tantrum like a baby.  Irrespective of how irrational his position might be he will just take his bat and ball and go home.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

patience

Axl sounds great. Makes you wonder WTF was going on in 2001-2002 because it's like night and day between that time period and the 2006-2010 period.

Reunion needs to fuckin' happen before it's too late.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I still think his voice was cold as ice. Those suckers will cease up if you don't actively use them for a long time, after using them for a long time. It can still take months, sometimes years to get them back into shape.

Thus the reason 2010 Axl makes 1987 Axl look like some punk ass kiddie.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Would not go that far! 16

AnitaW17
 Rep: 1 

AnitaW17 wrote:

o2 London (14th) was amazing with Duff there!!! Was one of the best shows smile

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I really think he sounds the best he's ever sounded. It seems so effortless for him now.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I really think he sounds the best he's ever sounded. It seems so effortless for him now.

The only reason I would be hesitant to make that claim is that he's older and can't run around as easily while still singing effectively. His lung capacity just isn't as strong as it was. That being said, he did a shitty job taking care of his voice during his prime and it really showed up during the UYI Tour (Live in Tokyo...YUCK). I'll take 2010 Axl over that any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Board footer