You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

Re: The year I learned how to stop caring and love the wait

elmir wrote:

Axl definitely cashed in from these guys on time.
Both Geffen and Sanctuary.

Can you imagine Interscope giving anyone 13 mil these days to write an album?
Or Sanctuary paying big bucks for royalty and publishing rights?

seems absurd, doesn't it?
its almost like he either knew where everything was going, or he was just very lucky.

i'll go for the latter.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
sic. wrote:

Note however that both Duff and Izzy (as solo artists) were dropped from the label during the shuffle, which is why Duff's Beautiful Disease never saw the light of day.

I've always wondered why Duffs Beautiful Disease album never came out. If he was dropped during the reshuffling would this have prevented him from shopping the album to other labels? It was a strong album imo, should have been officially released.

Izzy only had a two album deal with Geffen (Ju Ju Hounds / 117) so by the time the reshuffle happened he would have already walked from the label. He mentions the two album deal in this podcast with TuneCore. Given the state of the music industry at present I'm not surprised he hasn't found another label, especially with his rock-ethics preventing him doing any kind of promotion or touring 16

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Consider this a minor rant. Here's what 'news' we've had over the last few days:

Richard's Tour Dates
Dizzy's new Myspace / Tourdates
Bumblefoots new solo album

Now I have nothing against any of these people. And they haven't been posting or pushing their projects on any of the forums to my knowledge.

But its all getting a bit boring. You go to the websites to read about GN'R and whats happening, and all you get is info about side projects. At least when there was complete silence you had the perception they might be doing something with GNR.

I'm just not feeling GNR the band at the moment, just a collection of musicians. I think we all know thats pretty much been the case for a long time, but now more than ever I'm failing to see the point in the whole thing. Espacially as they can't talk about GNR.

Hopefully someone will come clean soon. I really want this to work, but even for the most ardent of fans its hard to keep interest.

Sky Dog wrote:

I feel the same way...now it is just irritating. To the moderators, should this board consider all talk of solo stuff being moved to the Black Hole section? Just a thought because it is kinda depressing seeing it in the Gnr section....or maybe it is just me.:peace:

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

haha well the idea was to keep all gnr and its members news in here...hell if we can talk about baz in here we can also talk about bbf, richard and dizzy 16

Yes this section is dedicated to all current GNR members and what they are doing.

smile

I don't get why for some people its only about the album.   i accepted years ago, that this album will come out eventually but who knows when.. In the meantime, if these guys are doing other things and being active, thats a good thing.   Take it for what it is.

Sky Dog wrote:

And how exactly do we know who is "current"? 13 Of course, if you could only talk about what is going on with Gnr, this section would have less traffic than all the others.:cool:

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
madagas wrote:

And how exactly do we know who is "current"? 13 Of course, if you could only talk about what is going on with Gnr, this section would have less traffic than all the others. cool

well the current members are the lineup as we last saw them until we hear news otherwise

Axl, Robin, Bumblefoot, Richard, Tommy, Frank, Dizzy, Chris ... that is the current gnr lineup

And I already think that other sections (on this board and others) are already more active than their respective "main" sections

Board footer