You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The year I learned how to stop caring and love the wait

I knew I had it right neemo, thanks smile

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

That forumale also shows (and backs up a long held thought of mine) how much creativity for new material was hurt with the departure of Izzy.

Aussie wrote:

That forumale also shows (and backs up a long held thought of mine) how much creativity for new material was hurt with the departure of Izzy.

Totally.  Izzy's solo albums are proof of that... he's got some great material, and I have always found all the other ex-members solo projects a bit mediocre.     I think if Axl is missing anyone from the old lineup, its Izzy.    I'd love to see him collaborate with the guys in the band now some more (gnr or otherwise).. him and Richard are cool together on stage.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Totally.  Izzy's solo albums are proof of that... he's got some great material, and I have always found all the other ex-members solo projects a bit mediocre.     I think if Axl is missing anyone from the old lineup, its Izzy.    I'd love to see him collaborate with the guys in the band now some more (gnr or otherwise).. him and Richard are cool together on stage.

Yeah, Slash might have bitched and moaned about how difficult it was working with Izzy, but whatever Izzy was doing, it seemed to be pretty effective. 

I agree it would be great to see the effect of input from Izzy on the existing and/or future material from GN'R I think he has a lot to offer.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Aussie wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Yeah, Slash might have bitched and moaned about how difficult it was working with Izzy, but whatever Izzy was doing, it seemed to be pretty effective. 

I agree it would be great to see the effect of input from Izzy on the existing and/or future material from GN'R I think he has a lot to offer.

Izzy didn't contribute too much after Lies. He wrote some (mostly basic) songs, then the others (Slash, Duff and Steven) had to work on these. On the other hand Izzy didn't work on the others' songs. So as much as I like the guy, he was the laziest member of GN'R.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Couldn't help but notice on shopping at Amazon.co.uk, the price of Chinese Democracy has been increased from 8.99 to 12.99. Weird. Also advertised as 'COPY/CONTENT PROTECTED CD' which I thought was pretty funny given that potentially half the album has already leaked!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Izzy didn't contribute too much after Lies. He wrote some (mostly basic) songs, then the others (Slash, Duff and Steven) had to work on these. On the other hand Izzy didn't work on the others' songs. So as much as I like the guy, he was the laziest member of GN'R.

are you serious? yikes Check The UYI Credits man

Right Next Door To Hell
Dust n Bones
Dont Cry
Perfect Crime
You Aint The First
Bad Obsession
Double Talkin Jive
Bad Apples
14 Years
Pretty Tied Up
You Could Be Mine

thats a pretty fucking impressive album in its own right

Sky Dog wrote:

I was just about to say. Izzy is a stud.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Right Next Door To Hell
Dust n Bones
Dont Cry
Perfect Crime
You Aint The First
Bad Obsession
Double Talkin Jive