You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: DJ Ashba does to the TIL solo what Bucket did to Nightrain

johndivney wrote:
JIP wrote:

i am not sure though robin could play his own solo perfectly every night...

agree w/this.

imo neither match the studio/album versions.
buckets is astonishing. one of my clearest memories of leeds '02 was being stunned in the mosh when he hit the solo & i've watched it countless times since. certainly one of his best moments in GnR & one of the best GnR solo's ever. BUT the original, album version (that fades out right when it's at its very very best moment) is The Best Solo Ever, or at least as far as GnR goes. that was probably the moment GnR grabbed me & haven't let go since.

as for TiL, well first things first it's a million miles away from Nightrain.
but robin's solo is pretty wonderful. it's atypical yet somehow fits perfectly & gives the song a sound & texture it lacks with the more conventional DJ solo. DJ's solo is pretty good/ok these days but it doesn't have the uniqueness nor does it colour the track as well as the album version. i agree with sentiments expressed earlier in the year it's a little sad robin never got to play it live, i'm sure it woulda been cool.
i'd love to see robin maybe guest on it should GnR ever do a show with an orchestra!

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

post a clip

JIP
 Rep: 10 

JIP wrote:

agree!

Bucket's best moments are by far 1)the re-invention of nightrain and 2)twat solo

respect

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
JIP wrote:

agree!

Bucket's best moments are by far 1)the re-invention of nightrain and 2)twat solo

respect

Bucketheads Nightrain solo is amazing. I listen to it every week. That and his KOHD solo.

That's why I also like DJ's TIL solo. He changed it a bit, made it more of his own style, and it works well. Very well.

That's also what I miss with Ron and the new guys. They hardly change stuff. Why can't they do like Bucket? Change shit, maybe even make something I feel is better? Bucket did it with the Nightrain solo, let's face it, it's the best Nightrain solo ever. I just don't get why they can't do it more.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:
DCK wrote:
JIP wrote:

agree!

respect

Bucketheads Nightrain solo is amazing. I listen to it every week. That and his KOHD solo.

That's why I also like DJ's TIL solo. He changed it a bit, made it more of his own style, and it works well. Very well.

That's also what I miss with Ron and the new guys. They hardly change stuff. Why can't they do like Bucket? Change shit, maybe even make something I feel is better? Bucket did it with the Nightrain solo, let's face it, it's the best Nightrain solo ever. I just don't get why they can't do it more.

Got a clip of what your talking about in KOHD & bucket?

For the record I also like the recorded version of TIL solo.
Ron tore up the nightrain solo recently I will see if I can find it again.
Bumble also says that he has evolved as a gnr player and feels like he should play the songs closer to how there written for the fans.

No one can be quite like buckethead!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Seeing that video really saddens me, because it's of a potentially great band (2002 GN'R), that was completely unrealized.

Sure all that shit sits in Axl's vault, and COULD be realized, but without Robin, Bucket & Brain there to play it... what's the point? Might as well just re-record it with the current band.

I still would like to see Bucket & Brain return for some guest spots one day, at least.

And as for Ron, I don't remember the show, but there indeed was a show recently where it was fuckin' amazing on Nightrain, and did his own thing and it surpassed the orignal. Although it wasn't as good as Bucket's.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Ron Bumblefuckingfoot Thal....

Bucharest, Romania 2010

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

listen to ron `s nightrain solo from rock am ring

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:
WARose wrote:

listen to Ron `s Nightrain solo from rock am ring

06 am ring? was rockin!  Most of latest tour he used the fret less like in JR's post. I have not  found the one I was talking about again ..yet!

Board footer