You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: DJ Ashba does to the TIL solo what Bucket did to Nightrain

DCK wrote:
jamester062001 wrote:
DCK wrote:
JIP wrote:

agree!

Bucket's best moments are by far 1)the re-invention of nightrain and 2)twat solo

respect

Bucketheads Nightrain solo is amazing. I listen to it every week. That and his KOHD solo.

That's why I also like DJ's TIL solo. He changed it a bit, made it more of his own style, and it works well. Very well.

That's also what I miss with Ron and the new guys. They hardly change stuff. Why can't they do like Bucket? Change shit, maybe even make something I feel is better? Bucket did it with the Nightrain solo, let's face it, it's the best Nightrain solo ever. I just don't get why they can't do it more.

Got a clip of what your talking about in KOHD & bucket?

For the record I also like the recorded version of TIL solo.
Ron tore up the nightrain solo recently I will see if I can find it again.
Bumble also says that he has evolved as a gnr player and feels like he should play the songs closer to how there written for the fans.

No one can be quite like buckethead!

Nightrain

KOHD

JIP
 Rep: 10 

JIP wrote:

Nightrain's solo at the album is fading out,so Bucket had the freedom to make it his own...I think a change in classic solos like november rain or wttj would be immediately considered a silly thing to do by 99% of the gn'r community

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

This will sound silly...but as a guitarist I dont really think that bucket solo is all that different to what slash plays..like obviously it is...but like in theory .it's basicly the same modes and stuff just shredded out a little differently...the essence of the solo is very similar..just executed a little differently. Not saying its the same clearly - but it also doesn't reinvent the wheel.

TBH I prefer the originial  as i think the way slash plays it captured and added to the tradgic nature of the song (like the joy and sorrow of living in the now but being out of control) but you have to give bucket credit for killer chops and a wicked shredfest here.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Lol that Robin solo is not that hard to play so I don't know why DJ can't play it.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Except that Robin's middle solo on NR was better than the original.

I used to trash this all the time, but i can listen to it and appreciate it.  It's not a bad solo, but i wouldn't call it better.  What I can commend Robin for is playing his own solo with so much soul...his guitar wails, but Slash does it better imo.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I just want to add, Robin never had the chance to play the solo live, but he played his Better, TWAT and Blues solos live better than the recorded versions, imo.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I don't see anything special with BH's solo in Nightrain or KOHD. Ron f-ing owns the Nightrain solo.  I like BH and his solo stuff but his work in Guns N' Roses is so extremely overrated. yeah i said it.

And as for Robin's middle NR solo being better than the original... NO. I always thought Richard was the best of the new guys when it came to interpreting the November Rain solos.

As for DJ on TIL solo well I always thought Robin's solo was pretty aweosme in that song. In fact he saved the song from being pure crap. Some of you think Robin's contribution on it was garbage but whatever. DJ does it fine live but it's not like he reinvented it or made it any better.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

for reference: nightrain solo - Bumblefoot, Buckethead and Slash

havent gotten to the bucket kohd yet

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
jamester062001 wrote:

for reference: nightrain solo - Bumblefoot, Buckethead and Slash http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrZs4AFYMZk

1. Ron
2. Slash
3(and a distant 3rd it is). Buckethead

Board footer