You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: DJ Ashba does to the TIL solo what Bucket did to Nightrain

-D- wrote:

oh u want a link.. sorry. its the Reading one that got released to us and Downloaded on that four video pack.

-D-

-D- wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

DJ doesn't do the TIL solo any justice.... he plays it good. 19

WORD!

haha

I wish someone could fuck with those moggs, delete Robin's and put in DJ's

I have replaced the album version with the awesome Reading rip anyway.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I have no problem with DJ's version, it's basicly robin's but with a little less emphasis on the bends. Enjoyable in the live setting, but to me that's no reason to redo the album. I was never a fan of robin's take on the old material, but he made good with his contributions to the album I think. He brought his own style and it worked with the chinese songs.

Frankly, if anyone was going to redo the solo I'd like to hear Slash, as the emotive style he brings to songs like Estranged, November Rain, Messages, Street Child (and many others), would really suit the context of this song. We will never know, but I suspect his input may have taken it to another place musically rather than just being a guitar solo, as it did in the aformentioned songs.

All that said, aside from the whistful 'what if' that fans of the old band might feel when listening to this track (because its the most UYI of the new material IMO), I don't see anything wrong with the studio cut, in fact I've grown to quite enjoy what robin's done there.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Robin's studio solo reflects the pain in the lyrics perfectly. Especially the first part, which DJ excludes from his live version.

-D-

-D- wrote:

I guess DJ makes it more "GNR" Sounding. more emphasis on the outstanding melody Robin created *I'll give him props for that* but I felt his bends just kind of get annoying and his sloppy transitioning between phrases. It just isn't my cup of tea.

DJ plays it more the way Slash would, a more bluesy,melodic way.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

[youtube]9QtlO4nR7V4&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Ron nailing the Nightrain solo 9

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

love that he's having a chat to richard while doing that...sometimes I think he's from the planet guitar. lol.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Robin's solo in TIL is the only good thing about the song. It saved the song from being complete and utter cheese..... actually it's still complete and utter cheese with a great guitar solo snuck in for some relief.

*Edit: Sorry already commented in this thread with a post that's almost identical 16

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:
Bono wrote:

Robin's solo in TIL is the only good thing about the song. It saved the song from being complete and utter cheese..... actually it's still complete and utter cheese with a great guitar solo snuck in for some relief.

*Edit: Sorry already commented in this thread with a post that's almost identical 16

You could say what it is that you dont like about TIL. YOU have a right not to like it. Im always the curious type. Sorry if I missed it somewhere.

Board footer