You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: DJ Ashba does to the TIL solo what Bucket did to Nightrain

Bono wrote:
jamester062001 wrote:
Bono wrote:

Robin's solo in TIL is the only good thing about the song. It saved the song from being complete and utter cheese..... actually it's still complete and utter cheese with a great guitar solo snuck in for some relief.

*Edit: Sorry already commented in this thread with a post that's almost identical 16

You could say what it is that you dont like about TIL. YOU have a right not to like it. Im always the curious type. Sorry if I missed it somewhere.

I just think the lyrics and tone of Axl's melody are pretty much cringe worthy. It doesn't come off as a heart wrenching love song that I believe it's intended to be. In my opinion it just has a really pitiful vibe to it.  Despite the fact it's written by a  grown man about a girl the lyrics come off sounding  like something a  14 year old girl would write. You know like a 14 year old girl who just broke up with her first boyfriend who she dated for a few weeks and nobody could ever understand her pain. The song just makes me roll  It's too bad a great effort by Robin ends up in such a  song that just wallows in self pity to such a degree that it makes the listener wanna say "STFU you baby" rather than sympathize.   But that's just me

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It's the little kid in me that gets hurt whenever some woman walks out on me, so I guess that's why i can relate to it. I think it's a sad and beautiful song that captures the sort of purity of that pain.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:
Bono wrote:
jamester062001 wrote:
Bono wrote:

Robin's solo in TIL is the only good thing about the song. It saved the song from being complete and utter cheese..... actually it's still complete and utter cheese with a great guitar solo snuck in for some relief.

*Edit: Sorry already commented in this thread with a post that's almost identical 16

You could say what it is that you dont like about TIL. YOU have a right not to like it. Im always the curious type. Sorry if I missed it somewhere.

I just think the lyrics and tone of Axl's melody are pretty much cringe worthy. It doesn't come off as a heart wrenching love song that I believe it's intended to be. In my opinion it just has a really pitiful vibe to it.  Despite the fact it's written by a  grown man about a girl the lyrics come off sounding  like something a  14 year old girl would write. You know like a 14 year old girl who just broke up with her first boyfriend who she dated for a few weeks and nobody could ever understand her pain. The song just makes me roll  It's too bad a great effort by Robin ends up in such a  song that just wallows in self pity to such a degree that it makes the listener wanna say "STFU you baby" rather than sympathize.   But that's just me

Thanks for Sharing that bono 22 I can totally understand viewing it that way.

Let me start by replying that I love both recorded version with Robin and recent Live version with DJ. The reasons I like it are similar to the reason you dislike it.

I never dug deep into the lyrics. They song already had meaning to me being attached to the movie What Dreams May Come with Robin Williams(his best work imo) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120889/ I heard somewhere Axl Wrote TIL for that movie. Im not shure if he viewed the whole movie or bits and pieces or if the whole thing was just a rumor. IMO the song captured The deep emotions of the movie from highest points of euforia to the depth of an unimaginable Pain and suffering.

I feel it is Axls first published attempt at trying to reach this type of emotion not with lyrics but rather with his voice and a guitar.

As for the 09 first few times live version It was a mix of the emotion and it seemed like they both had a hard time with the song. But the way it comes across live now seems to be a more cheerful celebration of Axls vocal range and Dj chipping in to cheer the song up a bit.

I recommend the movie to anyone who has not seen it. I would also like to explore if TIL was intended for it, if so why it didnt happen if anyone has info please share big_smile

jamester

jamester wrote:

[youtube]7EKXAX3yAuI&feature=related[/youtube]

jamester

jamester wrote:

TIL @ Reading pro shot! Dj nails it again!

what proshot? just cause it got pulled the first time and there fu@kin awesome!
WTTJ proshot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3PwmPd95mw

Street of dreams reading pro shot!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKp-MBx-05Q

November Rain reading pro shot!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpyDbnldEu4

jamester

jamester wrote:

Guns N' Roses - This I Love - London O2 Arena - 13/10/10

Board footer