You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: Vote Ask MusicRadar: who is the greatest lead singer of all time?

Aussie wrote:

Well Bono I'm off to the U2 concert this Saturday night.  It's exactly one week after the GNR concert here, so I should be able to get a nice comparison on how Bono's voice currently compares to the No. 1 man.  I'll report back for ya 16

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Well Bono I'm off to the U2 concert this Saturday night.  It's exactly one week after the GNR concert here, so I should be able to get a nice comparison on how Bono's voice currently compares to the No. 1 man.  I'll report back for ya 16

Sweet! Well I kinda have a feeling who's voice you'll prefer but hopefully the show as a whole is a great one.  I was just watching youtube clips of the show in Sevilla, Spain I went to in September. Footage from that show still gives me goosebumps. Best show & best crowd ever.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Posted by Red1 over at HTGTH

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/ … ool-362747

Slash thinks Axl Rose's greatest lead singer accolade is "pretty f*cking cool"
Slash talks MusicRadar's poll, GN'R and Mick Jagger
Tom Porter, Fri 28 Jan 2011, 5:06 pm UTC

Slash has given his opinion on former Guns N' Roses bandmate Axl Rose being voted as the greatest lead singer of all time in MusicRadar's poll. And considering the pair's rocky relationship, it's not what you might think. In fact Slash - ever the gentlemen - thinks it's "pretty f*cking cool."

"I thought that was actually pretty f*cking cool," Slash told EW.com when confronted with our poll result.

"All things considered, we may have had our differences and this and that and the other, but I will never undermine the fact that I thought Guns N' Roses, when it was originally together, was one of the best rock bands, and Axl has always in my mind been one of the best frontmen/lyricists in rock and roll, period."

When asked if Axl would have got Slash's vote, the guitarist replied: "I never stop to even think about it - there's him, Roger Daltrey, Steven Tyler, Robert Plant, Mick Jagger… I'd probably say Mick Jagger, only because Mick has been doing it for so long and he's one of the most charismatic frontmen of all time."

"But if I had a Top 5, Axl would be in there. And John Lennon…"

You can read the full interview with Slash (which was also flagged-up yesterday by Glee creator Ryan Murphy) on EW.com. Or check out the poll results for the full rundown: The 30 greatest lead singers of all time.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

mhmm this interview is in slash section.  it got buried by the teases of new VR singer

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
jamester062001 wrote:

mhmm this interview is in slash section.  it got buried by the teases of new VR singer

Sorry, I was gone for about a week.  Must've been posted during that time and I missed it.

Board footer