You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Badger
 Rep: 1 

Re: Wiki Leaks

Badger wrote:

Yes cult phenomena.  Neo-Nazi's take Christian scripture to the extreme.  They are considered a cult.

Didn't some guy use religion to try and make thousands of people kill themselves by drinking kool aid?  That's a cult.

There's religion, and then there's radical religion.  It happens with EVERY religion.

Irrelevant. Cults ask you to believe them. They try to convince you of an idea.

Is anyone asking you to believe them?

And wow, over 70 people believe in your 'ideas?'  More people have believed in the Sham Wow! and they don't work nearly as good as the tv says. 

I'm sorry, but claiming something is valid because "over 70 people" believe in it is a fucking joke.  Statistically that's not even a drop in the ocean. 

That would be like me taking a cup, filling it with water from the ocean, and claiming there are no fish because there's none in my cup.

Why are you appealing to the authority of a crowd?

He ain't giving you numbers so you can say, "Look, there's the conga line, let's party."

The numbers are there saying this many people saw something interesting there, maybe you should go check it out.

Not trying to convince you because of large numbers. Not trying to overwhelm you with a backing group. Not trying to say, "Come join our cult."

-Waves fingers hypnotically in the air.-

Jumping bridge analogy, anyone?

You my friend need a bigger cup.  Reading more philosophy will act as your bigger cup.  I thought this stuff was cool once upon a time too, then I started to learn more and realized I really don't know anything.

And just because you've learned that you don't know anything, you've given up on ever knowing anything.

That's also known as retreating into your own little bubble.

Coward.

Come look for yourself. Ain't no one telling you to believe nobody. This ain't a fuckin' "You suck my dick and I'll suck yours" circle jerk.

I'm saying "There's no you. Take a look, the evidence is all around you that what is called I doesn't exist."

Either you spend the time looking, or bitch about what you might or might not see.

Geez.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Great. He created another alias or recruited another mouthpiece. Time to end this thread.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

To be fair, although a bit crude, he (or they) do present some valid arguments.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

To be fair, although a bit crude, he (or they) do present some valid arguments.

Crude. Yes. Aggressive yes. Violent even. Yes.

I'm not here to take the moral high ground. Not interested in it. I'm here to tear the heart out of all this bullshit. Not by any virtue of my own. I got no virtues. I don't believe in virtue I don't even believe in belief.
This is just what is true. The worlds a fucking mess. No one is going to do anything about it until they accept that there is a problem.
Much like alcoholism!

You hear the latest on Assange pol ?

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

I don't think so (media is all over the place here atm. after the bombing).

Stepvhen

Stepvhen wrote:

his lawyers say they got nothing on him. They got documents proving the rapists had ulterior motives.

As in. Someone leaked a document to wikileaks that clears Assange of any charges. Problem now is that there are laws being drawn up to have him taken to the land of the brave for a show trial and anal pool party

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Yeah, that one I heard (not that the case had alot of legs to begin with).

If he gets extradited it should be interesting to see how the government is going to spin it without implicating all the other news outlets who printed these documents.

Stepvhen

Stepvhen wrote:

It'll have to be a tight law. And no doubt there will be some sort of documented passed around that highlights the stupidity of the laws enforcement, and no doubt it will pass through an honest pair of hands who will had it over to wikileaks.

It's not a if putting Assange away will do any good. Quite the opposite, I mean. Did you hear about the poison pill.

http://english.martinvarsavsky.net/gene … -pill.html

The link to the cnn article is down because well. Cnn are for want of abetter word Compromised

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

All in all I wonder what the governments game is here. Americans seem to be split between "he should get the chair" and "he's a hero, but he'll get the chair". So as opposed to your generic terrorist there aren't alot of points to be had here.

Whatever happens expect to see the wikileaks event to be used as an excuse to neut the internet and rush in another set of laws from Orwells box.

Stepvhen

Stepvhen wrote:

I think you may be right polluxlm. I mean jesus. The leaks even show the Australlian's attempts at censorship. I haven't gotten through tons of the archives but I don't think it's an isolated incident

Board footer