You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Rolling Stone's Best Singles of 2010

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't have a clue who 98% of the people are on that list.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:

Not Afraid and Fuck You get my votes on the list. Of course, I don't think I've heard 95% of those songs.

Bono, the fascination in Fuck You (for me) is the fact that it's a classic, upbeat soul song with a modern twist. The fact that it has offensive lyrics is what gives it the modern twist, and makes it a little more light-hearted and not depressing. A break-up song that makes you laugh is a little more than a flash in the pan to me.

If you ask me, I don't understand the fascination with Drake, Cutty, Kesha, etc. I'd easily pick Cee-Lo above any of those acts anyday.

yeah I'm not saying those acts are better I'm just saying this song is a pubic hair short of being a  Weird Al song. I heard it once and thought "wtf" heard it the second time and thought "haha that's funny" heard it a third time and thought "next"

Anyways I just find it weird you guys unanimously pick it as the best song by far on the list. Makes me sad for humanity that gimmick songs and unispired bands get more attention and appreciation than a band like The National. Even from real music fans.  I mean did anyone even listen to the Bloodbuzz Ohio song I posted? Hell all these songs are on the list and you guys honestly think Fuck You is a better song? I'm having a real hard time taking that seriously

Ghost Inside - Broken Bells

The Gaslight Anthem -- The Diamond Church Street Choir

Born Free - Kid Rock

Bloodbuzz Ohio - The National

johndivney wrote:

2010 has been prob my fave yr for new music since 1997.

the national however really fuckin suck massive donkey dick. & rolling stone do 2.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Once again, Fuck You is not a "gimmick song" dr_love described it perfectly. No need to get all sad for humanity about that.

14 It is a gimmick song dude. If it didn't say "Fuck you" in it nobody would care about it. It's a throw away song that like I said is a pubic hair away from being a Weird Al song. But that's ok you guys can like it all you want. Just like everyone LOVED Mambo #5

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I like it because it is musically old school with a new music feel to it. Has nothing to do with the lyrics.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i dont think ive even heard one song on that list hmm

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I like Cee-Lo because he has that old motown vibe. Yes, the lyrics caught my attention, but like Crazy, he can sing the shit out a catchy song. And it's catchy as hell.

Besides, the "fuck you" part of the lyrics is just two words. There are a lot of other lyrics in there that are clever without being vulgar.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i dont think ive even heard one song on that list hmm

This  was my thoughts as I read the list.  Where is the old man smiley with the white the beard, cane and all?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer