You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Rolling Stone's Best Singles of 2010

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

A couple things;

If Axl did that performance, I would say the exact same thing. But Axl wouldn't pull that as a way to get people to think his performance was good so I wouldn't have to worry about it. And it's not the sitting down signing part that bothers me, it's the "I'm gonna do this touching song" thing that's been done 100 times. I don't need him to do anything flashy, just not fake it. And I'm sorry that you can't see that he's obviously faking his emotion there but it's obvious to me.

It would appear to me that you're more that just a "casual Kid Rock fan" with some of the down right bullshit statements you've made toward me in this thread just for having an opinion on that garbage performance. Your statements are what's laughable here.

I'm not a real music fan because I don't like that performance? You don't know who you've been talking to for the last couple years about music? Well at least the second part is right. You really do have no clue who you're talking to about music. I've probably forgot more about music then you'll ever know. And you know what? When someone disagrees with me on something, I don't have to resort to attempting to insult that as a retort. Generally I can make my own case without needing to throw out ignorant statements "Oh well, you must not be a real fan of music" because some one disagrees with me.

Here are some facts that you need to understand:

I am the definition of "a real music fan"
In my opinion, Kid Rock is total shit and that performance was garbage,
Lastly, the world will keep turning whether I like Kid Rock or not.

Can you accept those things or are you going to have to threaten to consider yourself smarter or a greater fan of music then me again over it?

Hahahaa! whata  joke. You've forgotten more about music than I'll ever know. Ok dude.  The fact you can't see the "I'm not sure who I've been talking to the last few years" as a joke is hilarious. Totally tongue in cheek dude.  I think it's a total farce that Kid Rock gives  the BEST performance of the night at the AMA's and you call it garbage. That's a  a clear bias Russ.  You don't need to like him but you can't sit there and call good performances shit.  Oh and as for me being more than  a casual Kid Rock fan, well if not owning any of his music, not knowing the names of any of his albums and maybe being able to list half a dozen song titles makes me more than  a casual Kid Rock fan then yeah dude you've got me pegged. The fact you're so offeneded here  is a joke. All I said was "music fans would realize this" when it comes to his performance but no you know more about music than I will ever know so you're the one who sees the truth in his bullshit performance. Dude as someone who clearly hates Kid Rock all I said was I find it hard to believe that your opinion on this is unbiased, whereas me being someone who's just a casual fan might be able to look at it a bit more objectivley and possibly see it for what it really is. But whatever. Be pissed off and hollier than thou about it. Funny how you see the "obvious fact" He's faking the emotion but I can't see it yet I see the obvious gimmick in a song like Fuck You that really has no lasting merrit to it yet i'm just totally wrong. I mean afterall you've  forgotten more than I'll ever know roll  Did I claim to be a smarter or greater music fan? Nope I didn't. Reread it and see for yourself. Never said any of that conjured up bullshit.  The closest thing I said was I think it's rather dumb to generalize all of Kid Rock's music as garbage. Hardly worth getting your panties in a bunch. You've forgotten more about music than I'll ever know? 14 Dude that really does deserve a big FUCK OFF. I mean maybe that's possible(not very likely) but the fact you said it.....  16  Whatever man.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:

fwiw here's my lists for 2010:

top 3 tunes:

#1 Justin Townes Earle - Harlem River Blues

some proper fuckin country, not that kid fuckin rock b0llocks

#2 Grinderman - Heathen Child (tho i prefer the Robert Fripp enhanced version) ft. robert fripp -

here's the original video, imo video of the year hands down: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xeeoap … hild_music

#3 Killing Joke - In Excelsis

n my top albums:
1: Paul Cary - Ghost of a Man
2: Neil Young - Le Noise
3: Killing Joke - Absolute Dissent
4: Dr John & The Lower 911 - Tribal
5: Grinderman - Grinderman 2
6: Hanggai - Juan Zou do Ren
7: Liars - Sisterworld
8: The Bambi Molesters - As The Dark Wave Swells
9: Babybird - Ex-maniac
10: The Black Keys - Brothers

11: V.A. - Brazilian Guitar Fuzz '67-'76
12: Electric Wizard - Black Masses
13: Wolf People - Steeple
14: White Hills - White Hills
15: Jack Rose - Luck in the Valley
16: Shithorse - They Shit Horses Don't They
17: Giant Sand - Blurry Blue Mountain
18: Steve Mason - Boys Outside
19: Justin Townes Earle - Harlem River Blues
20: Ryan Bingham - Junky Star

21: Tweak Bird - Tweak Bird
22: Orb ft. David Gilmour - Metallic Spheres
23: Gil Scott-Heron - I'm New Here
24: Joanna Newsom - Have One on Me
25: Hipbone Slim & The Knee Tremblers - The Kneeanderthal Sounds Of..
26:The Orkustra - Adventures in Experimental Orchestra by The San Francisco Psychedelic Underground
27: MV+EE - Liberty Rose
28: Hank Williams III - Rebel Within
29: Munly & The Lupercalians - Petr & The Wolf
30: Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma
31: The Oh Sees - Warm Slime
32: Tav Falco's Panther Burns - Conjurations: Seance for Deranged Lovers
33: Prince Rama of Ayodhya - Shadow Temple
34: Buckethead - Shadows Between the Sky
35: Black Label Society - Order of the Black
36: Deerhunter - Halycon Digest
37: Doug Paisley - Constant Companion
38: Jamie Lidell - Compass