You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

johndivney wrote:

His accent actually was funny that's true. So annoying tho.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I'm fuckin hanging to see The Hobbit, as I loved Peter Jacksons LOTR films, and no doubt this will be great too!

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

I loved James Nesbitt in Jekyll. Is he considered a hack or something in the UK and Ireland? Or is his mug just too much sometimes... smile

johndivney wrote:

It's kind of a mix of both, tho more leaning to his mug being too much. I think it was prob the Yellow Pages adverts which tipped the balance then his turn as a brain surgeon was the final straw.

Must confess I'd missed/forgotten about jekyll b4 u mentioned it - it actually looks really good!

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Must confess I'd missed/forgotten about jekyll b4 u mentioned it - it actually looks really good!

I ended up watching Jekyll a few years ago after a good recommendation online.  I liked it a lot.  It also features Michelle Ryan and Gina Bellman.  Ryan was in that NBC Bionic Woman reboot a few years ago.  And Bellman was on Leverage (close to an American version of the UK show Hustle) which just got cancelled a week ago or so.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I saw Brave over the break. For a new movie is actually fairly good. Nice Scottish culture references, has laughs, an original story, good messages to the kids for life, and ultimately a VERY satisfying ending.

I really liked it.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Glad to find another person who likes this film. I thought it was pretty good for the most part and so did my parents and a few of my friends. Not Pixar's best; but a great animated film with solid production and something for the whole family none the less.

johndivney wrote:

Zero Dark Thirty

watched it last night. enjoyed it.
had trouble hearing what was being said sometimes, which was kinda a blessing really cause some of the script was p cack. also was a bit thrown by harold perrineau & a few of the other actors who were just too well groomed & unrealistic. (on the other hand jason clarke, of brotherhood & home & away fame was brilliant but looks eerily like my cousin to the point of distraction). jimmy gandolfini & john barrowman showing up also kinda spoiled the impact kinda.

it is a bit long tho. a lotta scenes earlier in the film coulda done w/sharper editing - the scene where the CIA agents are killed goes on for like 10mins & coulda been done in 20seconds. i actually had time to go for a piss & get food & be back in time & not miss a beat.

as for the actual assault on bin ladens compound it all came across a bit tom clancy for my liking. it may have been a true reflection of what went down but that itself seemed weird - the moron who crashed the helicopter for one; surely they lost the element of surprise w/the noise of the helicopters & why weren't there escape tunnels below the compound? for a film based on reality it seemed a bit unrealistic!

but taken as a whole it was interesting & the action sequences were generally p cool - those moments rescued the first part of the film from being terrible.
it was good if a bit long.

maybe gonna watch searching for the sugarman or the imposter tonight..

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Finally got around to watching Let Me In tonight.

I'm not usually big on vampire films, but Chloe Grace Moretz as a 12 year old vampire, has more balls than any of the vampires in Twilight... 14

A really great movie, where you really feel for all the characters, and it left me wanting more when the film ended.

Highly recommended.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Just saw Zero Dark 30... Fine film. The helicopter pilot crashed I think due to the tall walls. Some good acting. Very interesting. You can still how dangerous life is there.

Board footer