You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The BATMAN Thread

AtariLegend wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
johndivney wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

"hateful piece of work/propaganda"? Huh?

the batmobile becoming a weaponised tank?
the arsenal that bane & his goon squad bust into wayne enterprises for?

whatever happened to a batman of a sleek car & cool gadgets? he got replaced by an advertisement for the US military.

News flash. The Dark Knight Returns, one of the most influential Batman comic books ever created, featured a tank Batmobile. That was 26 years ago. Just saying.

teja have you seen Dark Knight Returns Part 1/2 animated versions yet?

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

teja have you seen Dark Knight Returns Part 1/2 animated versions yet?

Yeah, I bought Part 1 a couple months ago.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

The 1966 TV Batmobile sold for $4.2m at the Barrett-Jackson auction tonight. First time the car has ever been sold. The guy who bought it said he would put it in his living room. Said it meant a lot to him because he grew up in that era.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/31/ … oker-diary

http://batman-news.com/2013/05/31/heath … led-video/

Interesting look into Ledger's diary that he wrote in to prep himself up for this role.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I've always thought Ledger had more problems than just drug addiction, nor was he as happy had one would seem.

The end of his life, especially at 28, is eerie as it's become one of the more recent Hollywood mysteries. Only he knew the extent of his addiction, but with his breakup, this role, those who were around him during shooting, and this book, he very much came across like a man who knew this was going to be his final bow to the world.

Me_Wise_Magic

Seems like it. It's a damn shame and I know his family has to bear that heavy load over that kind of loss. Wish them in good health. Speaking of final bow, I came across and watched his technically final film, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus and while it's quite a mess in terms of tone and production you can see a great deal of effort going into the film while looking at Heath he didn't look he was in the best of spirits while shooting his final scenes. I loved the use of dedicating the film's proceeds and profit to Ledger's family and saying the film was made by Heath & friends. Gilliam tried to respect the man himself while attempting to piece together a film that almost didn't happen. Christopher Plummer, Depp, Farrell, and Law with the rest of the cast help carry the film. It's an interesting watch due to the stellar art direction and escapism.

Me_Wise_Magic

While we are waiting for the actor announcement on who will play Batman in the new movie, I recently watched the '66 Batman movie with Adam West which I haven't seen in quite awhile. Still hilarious and enjoyable. They even released a comic book series a couple months back based on the campiness and concept of the 66' TV show universe. Heard it was really good too.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Anybody hear the rumor that Bale was secretly offered $50 MILLION to reprise Batman in Batman vs. Superman?

I think it's gonna shock the world when Bale ends up being announced as returning.

Me_Wise_Magic

While I would love Bale to return because it makes perfect sense. The new Batman/Bruce has been confirmed in a news article. I posted it in the Supes thread. smile

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Ben Affleck is a solid actor and director, dunno how I feel about him stepping into the role of Batman though...

Board footer