You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: The BATMAN Thread

Axlin16 wrote:

I personally think Bridges as Lex would be WAY too connected to his role in Iron Man.

That would be a mistake. Something that gets Bridges out of his cowboy roles he's been playing would be very interesting, especially for Gordon. Sam Elliott has always been an underrated bad ass, so if he played it with a haircut, i'm thinking Elliott as TAS Gordon. Big bushy mustache, silver hair, Johnny Law with black-rimmed glasses.

Tommy Lee Jones would be a bad choice because he already played Harvey Two-Face. If they really want to amp up the crazy factor, real Mel Gibson as Batman-quality... how about Nick fuckin' Nolte as a Jack Cates/48 Hrs. at 70 years old Jim Gordon in a fedora?

That'd be bad fuckin' ass

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Axlin12 wrote:

I personally think Bridges as Lex would be WAY too connected to his role in Iron Man.

That would be a mistake. Something that gets Bridges out of his cowboy roles he's been playing would be very interesting, especially for Gordon. Sam Elliott has always been an underrated bad ass, so if he played it with a haircut, i'm thinking Elliott as TAS Gordon. Big bushy mustache, silver hair, Johnny Law with black-rimmed glasses.

Tommy Lee Jones would be a bad choice because he already played Harvey Two-Face. If they really want to amp up the crazy factor, real Mel Gibson as Batman-quality... how about Nick fuckin' Nolte as a Jack Cates/48 Hrs. at 70 years old Jim Gordon in a fedora?

That'd be bad fuckin' ass

Hell yeah! Oh Nick Nolte would be incredible. I would be in line for that if he were cast.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

5 Reasons Ben Affleck Will Make a Great Batman

Warner Bros. recently announced their decision to cast Ben Affleck as Batman in the upcoming Man of Steel sequel, Batman vs. Superman, and the Internet had such a vitriolic meltdown that I initially thought Ben Affleck had murdered a bunch of pregnant teenagers while wearing a Batman costume. Comic book fans across the world have already convinced themselves that this is the worst tragedy in modern history, and they all seem to agree that Ben Affleck might as well be fashioning their collective childhoods into a makeshift condom for his million dollar Hollywood penis and using it to jackhammer Bob Kane's skeletal corpse into bone-powder sex dust.
However, we've been wrong about this kind of thing before. Ben Affleck playing Batman in a Superman movie is hardly the end of the world, and if history is any indication, it might not even be that bad.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-reasons-b … at-batman/

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I kind of agree, I think Affleck will do fine as Batman in a Superman film. My reservations are with him as the lead in an out and out Bats film. Playing Wayne and Batman is where it might fall down.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I kind of agree, I think Affleck will do fine as Batman in a Superman film. My reservations are with him as the lead in an out and out Bats film. Playing Wayne and Batman is where it might fall down.

Absolutely right, Ben Affleck can play only one character, Ben Affleck.

Me_Wise_Magic

While some of the points in the article were interesting and made me think, I just have to wait for the movie to actually come out to make a final judgement period. Hell this could be the best thing that DC ever did after The Dark Knight in terms of film and could be a fun movie to watch in general. Or this could be a load of crap. We can't necessarily tell yet. Ben could be fun and just get absorbed into the role. A Superman sequel with much more going for it with lots of elements that fans want on screen. ..and I liked the Dark Knight Rises. I wish Affleck the best. He just needs to get into the element of what makes the character, do his own take on it without doing an impression, and make some bat cookies and milk! wink

Me_Wise_Magic

He seems humbled and knows about the backlash and how this thing could get fucked up. Maybe giving ideas and working with Snyder production wise may happen and could help the film. A big maybe. Let's hope the trailers and final film are good.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Im starting to think he could do a a pretty good job. Who knows crazier things have happened.

Me_Wise_Magic

BLS-Pride wrote:

Im starting to think he could do a a pretty good job. Who knows crazier things have happened.

Agreed!

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

He has the chin for it. 16

Board footer