You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: The BATMAN Thread

BLS-Pride wrote:

Here is the current rumors for batmans back story..

We’ve heard for a while that Batman was going to be older in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Ben Affleck was spotted on set yesterday sporting some grey hair to support that claim. Director Zack Snyder has even been quoted as calling him a “crusty old Batman”. I had heard that he was going to be in his mid-40?s, but according to a new Badass Digestreport, he’s going to be even older… perhaps 10 years older. Here’s whatBadass Digest had to say about Batman’s backstory in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice:

My sources indicate that whenBvS opens Batman has existed for close to thirty years, which would place Wayne in his 50s (which is why I expected more grey in Affleck’s hair). In this version Batman is still an urban legend, a creature of the night, and no one has ever taken his picture. But he’s had plenty of adventures, and the Batcave includes a memorial centered around a tattered Robin costume.

Badass Digest also claims that Wonder Woman has been around prior to where we start off in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. “Her activities have been just as secretive as Batman’s. Her activities were badass as well… but in a very different, and unexpected, way”, the site explains.

Obviously all unofficial story news should be taken with a grain of salt, butBadass Digest has some solid sources. In fact, they were the first website to tie Jason Momoa to Aquaman… and we all know how that turned out!

How do you feel about these rumors, particularly the 50+ year old crime fighting veteran Batman who no one has really seen? Leave your thoughts in the comments below.

Update: I’ve been told that Batman will not be in his 50s. He’ll be in his 40s as we’ve previously heard. I’m confident in my sources, but it’ll be interesting to see if the rest of Badass Digest’s report pans out.

SOURCE: Badass Digest

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Yeah Batman/Bruce being in his 40s makes more logical sense, franchise and film earning wise. If Snyder and WB truly want Batman back into the fold for a solo film reboot franchise after BvS and JLA, they'll need Affleck to be at a good age where they can make a solid contract for him for about a couple films plus other appearances as the character. Plus a way so he can do his own projects outside the Batman stuff since he loves directing now.  Also old age make up and not just gray hair doesn't always work out unless they want to go backwards in time with the eventual new solo films. Which means that the full Dark Knight Returns concept will only use certain elements to affect BvS's story. Very curious on how they are going to tease the Robin aspects and there was a death in the Bat family. I'm all for that. There are rumors going around that he may produce and show run the new Batman films and even JLA with Snyder. He was originally chosen to direct Justice League as a full film that was disconnected from the Dark Knight trilogy, Nolan, and other aspects before the relaunch with Snyder's Man of Steel in 2013. He already has his "Argo" writing partner re-writing BvS's script from David Goyer which is a good sign. Warner Bros. reportedly loves the newer script and wants the writer to scribe JLA too. The reports you mentioned all depend on what the full trailer looks like and how this upcoming movie goes with fans and critics in a few years.

Also the release date has been shortened from May to March 25th 2016. So it's not on the same date as Marvel's Captain America 3. It's actually a good move on WB's part since it will allow a wider release, more exposure, and not much competition. Also signs point to a good productive film shoot too. According to the article link below and various sources online, They announced some dates for various movie slots. Some of them include JLA, Shazam with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, the film adaptation of Neil Gaiman's Sandman produced by Joseph Gorden Levitt and written by David S. Goyer in collaboration with creator Gaiman (rumors are going he didn't finish the original BvS script because he wanted to focus on this and other projects, not sure. The guy has an ego.), Wonder Woman solo movie, Man of Steel 2 or 3 if BvS isn't the true MoS 2, Batman solo flick, and maybe a Green Lantern reboot team up with the Flash. The other dates could be non DC properties that WB wants to produce into new franchises.

http://www.nerdist.com/2014/08/batman-v … -revealed/

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I was wondering how Thor would work as a film and I think they did a stellar job. That's what the ww poster reminds me of. A darker, female Thor. She even looks cool.

Me_Wise_Magic

misterID wrote:

I was wondering how Thor would work as a film and I think they did a stellar job. That's what the ww poster reminds me of. A darker, female Thor. She even looks cool.

I liked Thor 2 better than the first. I find the first one with Iron Man 2 to be the weakest of the Marvel Studio films; but I understand the sentiment. Wonder Woman would destroy Thor in my opinion. 16 Just hope Gal has the chops to carry on in not only in this film; but in a full movie franchise as such an important and iconic character. One of my top favorite super heroes.

AtariLegend wrote:

It's a shame we never got Robin Williams in one of Nolans Dark Knight films. Ledgers performance was a classic, but Williams would have been great in another role.

Me_Wise_Magic

AtariLegend wrote:

It's a shame we never got Robin Williams in one of Nolans Dark Knight films. Ledgers performance was a classic, but Williams would have been great in another role.

He asked Nolan and his production company to be the Riddler or another villain before Rises was written by Goyer and Nolan. He even asked just for even a smaller villain role if Nolan already had something bigger in mind. WB loved the concept; but Nolan said no and wanted to use Bane as the final villain in this trilogy. I think he was in the running to be the Joker before TDK was in development. I remember reading a story about that.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

New plot details:

http://screencrush.com/batman-vs-superman-plot-details/

So far, what we actually know about ‘Batman vs. Superman‘ can be summed up with the movie’s title: this is a Batman vs. Superman movie. But, even a movie where two superheroes are fighting against other needs a supervillain. That’s where Jesse Eisenberg’s Lex Luthor comes into play. Every good villain needs an evil master plan and Lex Luthor is no exception, but what exactly is his nefarious plan? According to a new report, we’ve got a pretty good idea. SPOILERS AHEAD, obviously.
An extra on the set reported back to Geek Tyrant with what they were able to see, claiming that the ‘Batman vs. Superman’ finale has already been shot. Says their source:
One of the scenes shot featured Batman breaking into Lexcorp to steal kryptonite, and apparently Lexcorp had somehow gotten ahold of General Zod’s body.
While “unknown guy who claims he was an extra on set” isn’t the most reliable of sources, that report has since been confirmed by Badass Digest.
Lex Luthor’s plan to stop Superman in this movie is to manufacture Kryptonite with the remains of the damaged World Engine; that ridiculous machine used by Zod in ‘Man of Steel’. Speaking of Zod, Luthor has gotten ahold of his corpse (Remember when Superman snapped his neck? That was fun.) and is using his tissue to create a new supervillain that can finally put an end to Superman. Now, we don’t want to give that much away, but if you’ve ready the comics, you know the one “person” capable of stopping Superman (and it’s someone who’s been rumored to be making an appearance in this film for some time).
In addition to the end, the source also notes that the beginning of ‘Batman vs. Superman’ takes place during a lot of the set photos that are showing up online in the past few days, with Bruce Wayne amidst a bunch of rubble. These scenes take place directly after the Superman vs. Zod scene at the end of ‘Man of Steel’ as Wayne is trying to make his way to the Wayne Enterprises building in Metropolis.
There’s obviously a lot more to fill in, in between the beginning of the movie and the end, and hopefully we’ll learn a lot more about it once we get to see some footage. When will that be? We’ve heard that the ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Comic-Con footage won’t be making its way online, but maybe we’ll see a teaser in theaters with ‘The Hobbit 3‘ this December.

Read More: 'Batman vs. Superman' Plot Details Revealed | http://screencrush.com/batman-vs-superm … ck=tsmclip

Interesting...

Me_Wise_Magic

I believe the man reason the SDCC BvS footage isn't showing to the regular movie going public is because Snyder just wanted to give something to the fans that paid a shit ton of money and waited forever in line to make it to the DC comics entertainment/Warner Bros. Hall H panel. I'm glad the small teaser leaked and it would been better if WB just released it in full HD on Youtube a few days after the convention. Oh well! Plus with a trailer I think he wants to add more footage and bits of plot or dialogue later on for more people to digest and get excited for the film. It's still a few years away. It's going to be a couple months before shooting finishes too.

As for the plot details, I'm taking with a grain of salt. I'm kind of confused of why they still want to have Zod's body or presence within this new film instead of moving forward completely with Supes character. I had a feeling it was going to start right after MoS and they may do a time jump of a couple months or few years after within the movie. If they are going to do a Doomsday kind of kryptonian DNA monster concept, I hope not. Way too soon for Superman to take on any kind of Doomsday fight even with Batman. I'm excited for how Lex is going to portrayed though.

A full teaser trailer with more stuff during the new Hobbit movie in December seems highly plausible. I hope so.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

All of it is a bit underwhelming for me. Despite the fantastical nature of Man of Steel, I truly thought it fit in with the Nolanverse. All the way down to the credits-style and musical choices.

Seems they are distancing themselves even more with BvS:DOJ. I really wanted some explanation after the events of TDKR, even if it was very similar to Frank Miller's older, Stallone-Rambo version of Batman in TDK-Returns. Hopefully it is that, and that's where they are going.

I just don't want the events of Nolan's movies entirely ignored. Those movies were too good, and too soon ago to just be washed away with a new Batman story and background. We can still keep the Nolan backstory, and had more fantastic villians/characters like Superman and Freeze, Aquaman, etc.

Me_Wise_Magic

Yeah I agree and understand with what you're saying. Having Bale team up with Cavill makes more logical sense. I think originally the plan was for Nolan to produce and even direct Justice League after Snyder did Man of Steel 2 and it would all tie together with Levitt and Bale coming back in some way. Bale said he was open to return as Batman only if Nolan was behind the wheel. Not even given huge stacks of money would convince him which I kind of respect the guy for turning that kind of offer. Then Nolan was not on board or even listed to report and consult on Batman v. Superman was the final nail in the coffin. I think MoS was the last comic book film he wanted to be involved with and also I think he didn't want the TDK trilogy to be canon with a DC film-verse that Warner Bros and Zack Snyder have in mind. Plus the movie Interstellar (which looks amazing!) coming out in the next couple months. They could of even made Man of Steel take place during the 8 year gap of between The Dark Knight and Rises too with the Wayne Enterprises satellite showing up during the Supes vs. Zod fight near the end. It's a shame and the possibility of new Batman solo movies taking place in production in a couple years is a tad too soon; but I mean it happens with reboots and wanting to establish a movie canon. Plus I don't Ben Affleck would of taken the role of Batman if he wasn't given a deal where he can produce and help show run some of the new films. I mean he has his Argo writing partner completely re-tooling BvS's script due to David S. Goyer's other commitments. Which could be a good thing to help improve and benefit the new movie. Looking forward to hearing more of the film versions of Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman and Aquaman.

My only worry is that I hope BvS isn't fully adapted and only uses elements and ideas from the Dark Knight Returns. Because I believe it represents both Batman and Superman as well as other characters at their worst. Batman is a bitter sociopath and wants vengeance. Not the defender of justice, a dark knight, and lives by a code. Also going by Man of Steel and how it was set up and it's movie logic towards the end, the DKR version of Superman would be a huge step backwards for the character. I want BvS to establish the ground work of an understanding relationship/friendship that grows into Justice League and other DC like films. They may not agree and probably try to take down the other due to not knowing their capabilities, trust issues. But eventually realize they need to come together to defeat a common enemy. Which is of course an up and coming rich businessman named, Lex Luthor and probably another side villain.

Board footer