You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The BATMAN Thread

AtariLegend wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Well that is an angle they could use. Batman is on the run at the end of TDK so they could have the Riddler as some kind of hired detective for the Gotham police but he goes rogue and turns out to be a villain.

His origin story is exactly that, as an FBI agent who becomes obsessed with finding out who "Batman" is.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

No offence, but almost half the posts in this thread have been made by two people... 16

true 16

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I thought that they weren't going to use any villains that were already in other Batman movies?

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Rex wrote:

I thought that they weren't going to use any villains that were already in other Batman movies?

Huh? LOL. They used the Joker and Two-Face. 22:haha:

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Rex wrote:

Huh? LOL. They used the Joker and Two-Face. 22:haha:

Well I obviously meant for the next movie.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Nolan & Goyer are GOING TO HAVE TO open up the possibility for more 'campy' villians. Have to.

There's no way after the success of the Joker & Two Face-starred TDK, that WB are gonna go the Liam Neeson route again, after Begins.

Certain characters like The Penguin & Clayface are probably too campy. But the rest are wide open...

If they ever do the character in Nolan's films, I think Peter Weller ("RoboCop", "24") would be a good choice for Mr. Freeze. The only problem is, the concept of Mr. Freeze 'too camp' for Nolan's universe. But on a dark level, the character can be done, and done right, see Batman: TAS.

I'm sure that Mr. Freeze could be tweaked to a point, that it could fit. You give him a 'special suit' (you know like Batman has) that allows him to be inside the suit, and he commits his crimes that way. The Freeze gun also becomes more of a CO2 type of thing, and less of the campy Freeze gun. His henchmen do their 'killing' with ice knifes and swords, which is actually a bit more plausible.

Also shooting the film, in the winter, could set an atmosphere (like Returns) that really sells the dark Freeze story.

If the Scarecrow could be done, Poison Ivy can be done. Just make her a nutty environmental terrorist, and give her poison, and there you go. Make her a sexual sadist, clinically, and you could also add another very twisted angle.

The Riddler could be done with the right actor, like a Johnny Depp. The danger is gonna be, too much copying of Ledger's Joker. Alot like Tommy Lee Jones got blamed for making Two Face too much like Nicholson's Joker (I saw no similarities).

Catwoman is definitely coming. I guarantee you. But the only question is how. They aren't going to want to copy Burton's S&M look.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

The problem with Freeze isn't the level of camp. It's the level of plausibility. Freeze is almost like a superhero. Even Batman himself is treated with a level of realism in Nolan's movies. His Joker doesn't fall into a vat of chemicals. His Freeze would have to be altered significantly, like completely get rid of the "he has to wear this suit to survive" angle, because that requires a leap of faith that he could survive the accident in the first place. And as Nolan has shown with his re-invention of the Joker, he doesn't believe in allowing these characters to survive that kind of thing. Two-Face is the most over the top element, though surviving burns to one's face is not unrealistic. What was unrealistic was him walking around with such severe wounds and not dying of an infection.

AtariLegend wrote:

^^ Cher playing a "Vamp Catwoman" in her twilight years was the rumour. Although they did start the Eddie Murphy rumours too, which I'm sure we can count out.

...And Axlin you're falling into the trap of thinking "The Riddler" and "The Joker" are in the slightest bit similar, minus the colour green, their comic book story's are very different.

Personally I hope Johhny Depp does get the job, and Philip Seymour as "Penguin" (even though he says, he'd rather watch someone else do it).

I really don't want Lara Croft as "Catwoman".

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Angelina Jolie is the only logical choice to play Catwoman imo.

Accomplished actress, has "the look", and they'd want a REALLY big name for that role - she's the most obvious choice imo (kind of like Depp & The Riddler).

Also, like others have stated, The Riddler needs to be turned into more of a 'Zodiac killer' type of villian.

AtariLegend wrote:

^ Agreed on "The Riddler" part.

Axlin08 wrote:

Accomplished actress

The ratio of her good performances in other films is 9/10 against.

Seriously and that's even if you think "GIA" was a good film.

Board footer