You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: The BATMAN Thread

Axlin16 wrote:

Doesn't it always happen like that?

George Romero wrote the "elitist commentary" script for Land of the Dead like a week before September 11th, and delivered it to Fox.

He could've never predicted that it was going to basically be a comment on the Bush administration so accurately.

Thanks Tejas for that higher quality version of Trailer #2. Much clearer and understandable. I think right now, the Commissioner Gordon stuff intrigues me the most... probably because we see so very little of it.

And you're right, Alfred talking to Bruce is heart-breaking. When even Alfred freaking Pennyworth has basically given up.... This is gonna be a MUCH DIFFERENT Gotham than we've ever seen before.

Nolan must've also very much channeled The Dark Knight Returns both with the advancement in years with Bruce, and the attitude of the film.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The trailers for TDK blew me away, and the film lived up to that. I've said before, TDK is Batman's "Terminator 2", "Aliens", "Dawn of the Dead", "Lethal Weapon 2", "Back To The Future Part II"... everything is just bigger and badder. Loved it for that.

Really? you liked Back to the Future II better than the first one?

I think the reasonn I did like Batman Begins more is because it was more character driven than action driven. Exactly like you mentioend. I've always been more into character driven / drama movies than action movies. I tend to start rolling my eyes if the action starts to surpass any type of imaginable realism.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Doesn't it always happen like that?

George Romero wrote the "elitist commentary" script for Land of the Dead like a week before September 11th, and delivered it to Fox.

He could've never predicted that it was going to basically be a comment on the Bush administration so accurately.

Thanks Tejas for that higher quality version of Trailer #2. Much clearer and understandable. I think right now, the Commissioner Gordon stuff intrigues me the most... probably because we see so very little of it.

And you're right, Alfred talking to Bruce is heart-breaking. When even Alfred freaking Pennyworth has basically given up.... This is gonna be a MUCH DIFFERENT Gotham than we've ever seen before.

Nolan must've also very much channeled The Dark Knight Returns both with the advancement in years with Bruce, and the attitude of the film.

Yes, there is some very exciting stuff going on with this. Alfred is grieving over the fact that Bruce has spent years hurting himself as Batman and Alfred feels like he has let the Wayne family down by allowing it to happen. The plot seems to be a combination of Dark Knight Returns, Knightfall, and Charles Dickens' Tale of Two Cities. I think Bane is going to try to lead an economic revolution by the 99% against the 1% of Gotham, but of course Bruce is part of the 1% and is actually the most honorable person in the entire city. Lots of interesting possibilities in there.

Bane is going to beat the shit out of Bruce, we know that much based on the Prologue and poster that both show the shattered Bat mask as well as the part of the trailer where Bane tells a beaten Bruce that he will give him "permission to die" only when Gotham has been reduced to ashes. I love Bane's arrogance, and as shown in the Prologue, the man is brilliant. Muscle, brains, and attitude. Bruce will have his hands full. Given the disdain Selina has for Bruce in the trailer, it will be interesting to see how their relationship plays out.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The trailers for TDK blew me away, and the film lived up to that. I've said before, TDK is Batman's "Terminator 2", "Aliens", "Dawn of the Dead", "Lethal Weapon 2", "Back To The Future Part II"... everything is just bigger and badder. Loved it for that.

Oh hell no. But I don't dislike it more than the first either. I love all of the BTTF movies equally.

I probably shouldn't have thrown BTTF2 in there, but what I was saying was how it was "bigger" and "grander" and more action-driven in scale. "Halloween II" felt bigger, and gorier, like an intended 'hit sequel', but it was not better than the Carpenter original.

Although BTTF2 is a very good film, and I love it in it's own way, I think Robert Zemeckis getting pulled away from the editing process to start production on Part III shows, as there are times in Part II where the pacing and cohesiveness is off. The whole film seems to exist only to setup Part III.

But I do love the film on it's own merits, and the interesting look to go back through the first film from a different vantage point.

Now Lofton, that's the guy you want to talk to. He flat out stated he thinks Part II is the best of the three.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Oh hell no. But I don't dislike it more than the first either. I love all of the BTTF movies equally.

I probably shouldn't have thrown BTTF2 in there, but what I was saying was how it was "bigger" and "grander" and more action-driven in scale. "Halloween II" felt bigger, and gorier, like an intended 'hit sequel', but it was not better than the Carpenter original.

Although BTTF2 is a very good film, and I love it in it's own way, I think Robert Zemeckis getting pulled away from the editing process to start production on Part III shows, as there are times in Part II where the pacing and cohesiveness is off. The whole film seems to exist only to setup Part III.

But I do love the film on it's own merits, and the interesting look to go back through the first film from a different vantage point.

Now Lofton, that's the guy you want to talk to. He flat out stated he thinks Part II is the best of the three.

2 and 3 suck compared to the first one IMHO. 16

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Oh come on dude, no way 3 "sucks".

One could argue 2.

Although the western concept turned off the "kiddies", Part III was a VERY well done sci-fi western that EMBARASSES horseshit like "Cowboys & Aliens".

Part III was so well done that at times I forgot I was watching a BTTF sequel. It could be a stand-alone film.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Oh come on dude, no way 3 "sucks".

One could argue 2.

Although the western concept turned off the "kiddies", Part III was a VERY well done sci-fi western that EMBARASSES horseshit like "Cowboys & Aliens".

Part III was so well done that at times I forgot I was watching a BTTF sequel. It could be a stand-alone film.

Compared to #1, I felt it sucked. #1 is an all-time classic. The other two are not bad movies in general, but they just aren't good enough to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with the first one.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Forfeit?

What's that mean?

It means you win without a fight.

Without shootin?

HEY YOU CAN'T DO THAT!

(Sorry couldn't resist after your last post)

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I agree that BTTF II & III are great films on their own but I do feel they "suck" compared to the first one. the first one is just so classic.  I dont' feel BTTF II or III ever had that Empire of Jedi feel in terms of follow ups. Still great movies but BTTF blows them both away.  BTTF III was better than II though I think, although I liked II.... fuck they're all good.

Not to go completely off the rails here but I liked a New Hope better than Jedi but Empire was the best.   I dont' recognize episodes I, II, III as Stars Wars.  I'd rather watch Thomas the Train.

*off to youtube to try and find this batman trailer you gusy are talking about. the video is gone in the one that's posted.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:

*off to youtube to try and find this batman trailer you gusy are talking about. the video is gone in the one that's posted.

Bono, here is the trailer. Password is Selina:

http://vimeo.com/33819720

Here is a download for the 6 minute IMAX Prologue playing in front of Mission Impossible 4:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ufnor419fx0nxcs

Board footer