You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: The BATMAN Thread

Axlin12 wrote:

I'm kinda questioning the casting of Hathaway also, especially if she just recycles Selina Kyle in Returns.

As for Rachel Dawes

Katie Holmes = better "look" for the role, i.e. hotter

Maggie Gyllenhaal = FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR better actress for the role

That's my point though, MG may well be the better actress with a better resume (I've seen very little else she's been in) but she didn't show it in TDK. Like Russ said, she was a whiny smartass and the performance was wooden imo. Holmes firstly as we said fitted the role better in terms of looks, girl next door who grew up and got hot type thing but she also played the role better, it felt much more natural.

AtariLegend wrote:

The only reason I could think of people prefering Katie Holmes, is if they wanted to see her get blown up instead in the film.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I'm kinda questioning the casting of Hathaway also, especially if she just recycles Selina Kyle in Returns.

As for Rachel Dawes

Katie Holmes = better "look" for the role, i.e. hotter

Maggie Gyllenhaal = FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR better actress for the role

That's my point though, MG may well be the better actress with a better resume (I've seen very little else she's been in) but she didn't show it in TDK. Like Russ said, she was a whiny smartass and the performance was wooden imo. Holmes firstly as we said fitted the role better in terms of looks, girl next door who grew up and got hot type thing but she also played the role better, it felt much more natural.

Yup. Not only is Katie Holmes way better looking so she's more believable in the role in that aspect Maggie Gyllenhall's acting made me really dislike her. She was NOT a better actress for that role. She may be a better actress overall but I thought she played the role terribly. Like Russ said she came off as a whiney, smart ass. I didn't like her at all. Especially when she was replacing like you said a girl next door type is comes off very likeable.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I wasn't a big fan of either, but I think Katie Holmes was much better. I didn't see anything Maggie brought to the role that was better.

She's also not what I would call... Attractive.

And I'm still not fully sold on Hathaway, even though I do like her.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

The only reason I could think of people prefering Katie Holmes, is if they wanted to see her get blown up instead in the film.

That's kinda how I see it too.

It's like people bitching about Tuesday Knight playing Patricia Arquette's character in Nightmare On Elm Street 4: The Dream Master.

Like you liked her so much you wanted her to come back to die in the first act? 16

I will concede that TDK was not Gyllenhaal's best performance of her career. She was far better in Crazy Horse.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

She was really good in Secretary, too. And she was naked through most of it. And she looks a whole lot better naked.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:

<3 anne hathaway

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote: