You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: The BATMAN Thread

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I could see Joseph carrying on something since his character shows up alot in the new trailer footage. Holy shit that trailer was fucking fantastic!! I've watched it several times already. Going to see the Avengers twice in theaters and i don't know how many times i'll see TDKR when the final version comes out and if lives up to the grand conclusion we all expect from Nolan. The man is good at his craft; so I know he won't disappoint. I was perplexed when he chose Bane as the main villain because I thought that character would be difficult to portray on screen in a real world environment. After seeing all the trailers and seeing that the audio tech enhanced his on screen vocals and speech, all the worries went out the window. Only a few months to go! big_smile

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I haven't heard a bad word about the avengers yet, even from people who would never go see that kind of film. Having said that it should be good given the time they've been building to it.

As for tdkr I cannot wait, the new trailor looks awesome! I also think it'll end with Wayne either dying or passing on the mantle to someone else and retiring. I'm leaning towards thinking they may kill him, i think it may end up going back to Dents words about dying a hero.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

That's the theory I'm having too. I'm sure they will find a way to end the film properly that will please both the audience and the fans!

AtariLegend wrote:

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Another possibility is maybe Bane pushes Batman so far that he has no option but to kill him. Whilst Gotham might already think Batmans a killer we know he isn't but maybe Bane leaves him no option, its either kill Bane or be killed. From there he retires having broken his one rule etc. Could be an alternate explanation for the Legend Ends tagline?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

My theory:

And Tejas will know what i'm talking about when I say it.

Do you remember the early Batman: The Animated Series episode, "Forgotton"?

My opinion, based on a previously trailer showing a captured and in Bane's prison Bruce Wayne, is that Bane whether he knows Bruce is Batman or not, takes Bruce with the rest of the rich and throws them away. Bruce spends so long that he actually forgets that he's Batman, other than broken fragments from the past, that he can't piece together.

Levitt's character is the last person in Gotham that believes Batman couldn't and wouldn't commit the crimes that Batman is wanted for. With increasingly issues with Bane and a rise in crime, Levitt goes out looking for the origins of Batman, possibly even through the old stuff of the potentially "late" Jim Gordon. There one scene in the trailer that looks like Levitt is possibly discovering the Batcave, and thus Wayne manor or vice versa and that Bruce was Batman.

Then he goes out either looking for Bruce, or possibly even finding him through Bane's rich prisoners and helps him refind Batman, as in The Dark Knight RISES. Like a phoenix rising from the ashes. And of course the ultimate showdown between Batman and Bane.

It's an interesting theory, but the long shot of it all is that it'd be tricky in a Batman Begins sort of way, especially following TDK. Would WB be willing to have a final film of the Nolan trilogy, be Batman-less for the first half or possibly even 2/3 as the origins are re-explored and reminded to the audience in order to come full circle?

Another interesting twist with my theory, is something else you could throw in is IF Talia Al Ghul is involved in this in anyway, could she connect with Bruce, and re-convince the tortured and memory-imparied Bruce that he is in fact the proper successor of Ra's Al Ghul, leader of the League of Shadows and ultimately the leader of the new world order, and thus Bruce thinks he's actually fulfilling his destiny in that way. And it takes Levitt's character coming in and convincing him that he is Batman, in order to keep Bruce from turning heel and working with Bane, actually convinced he is serving the greater good.

Could that be the earlier Ra's Al Ghul narration connection?

AtariLegend wrote:

The videos are hilliarous you should watch them, they both have a sense of humour tongue.

I'll buy the rumourd plot that Talia destroys him emotionally/money wise and Bane Physically. I don't want spoil the film too much, with a certain scene that supposedly happens

Hidden Text:

"Levitt getting shot and killed" I don't think he's Robin either way.

I don't think Nolan will go the obvious route and kill Batman, especially after seeing his previous films, but I doubt there'll be an uplifting ending.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Atari, I watched the first clip last night, and the rest today. They are VERY well done, and funny as hell.

#5 had me spit out my tea.

Morgan Freeman: "Chris (tian Bale), I watched The Wrestler last night"

Bale: "Yeah great film" (or whatever he said)

Freeman: "I thought you were particularly amazing in it. The transformation you made to a tan guy with leathery skin, was remarkable"

Bale: "Uhh... I think you're confusing my film The Fighter, for Mickey Rourke in The Wrestler"

Freeman: "Are you sure? I'm pretty sure it was you"

or however it went. He gets in a debate with Bale whether Bale remembers being the star of The Wrestler. 14

AtariLegend wrote:

Board footer